PDA

View Full Version : Do we expect too much from AGD?

rhetor22
01-22-2002, 05:57 PM
it seems like everyone here thinks that the AGD crew is a bunch of perfect god like people. Although Tom Kaye is a genious at the least, and the kind people who work at AGD are great to deal with, they can't make miracles (besides the SFL).

It seems like every time something goes wrong everyone blows up. Its very hard to avoid every mistake. You know the saying "edit happens". Every company has its strong points and its weak ones.

I havn't been around too long but it seems like many people are way too defensive about Airgun designs.

Restola
01-22-2002, 06:02 PM
yeah welcome to the internet. you should have been on the Lord of the Rings message boards when each of the little rumors started (roles, etc).

everything always explodes online because people can vent as much as they want with no repercussions.

Load SM5
01-22-2002, 06:09 PM
I think a large number of people take advantage of AGD's customer service. Since Tom is so accessable through these forums, it's very easy for someone to carry on and complain loudly, knowing that that will make their problem priority. The squeaky wheel and all that...

That draws out some of the heavy AGD supporters and the 2 camps go at it. No one disputes that not everything Tom touches turns to gold, but they do have excellent customer service and do bend over backwards to make things right. I see it as a crying shame that people take advantage of that.