PDA

View Full Version : Shipping CO2 tanks across the boarder?

michbich
07-17-2008, 09:26 PM
A couple years ago, i bought a HPA tank but it was seized and destroyed by the customs. The seller shipped it full...DUH! I don't want to repeat the same mistake. So with CO2, does the valve have to be removed for shipping, or can it be simply emptied and shipped without problems from the US to Canada?

Avianrave
07-17-2008, 09:48 PM
Sounded like the shipper wanted you to experience HPA before you needing to fill it again.

Lohman446
07-18-2008, 02:55 PM
I have always removed a burst disc and stuck a big note on the container stating "burst disc removed rendering cylinder open and empty" to avoid questions or problems.

Chronobreak
07-18-2008, 03:09 PM
I have always removed a burst disc and stuck a big note on the container stating "burst disc removed rendering cylinder open and empty" to avoid questions or problems.

i think thats the ebst solution, removing the valve may cause problem for the new owner who isnt sure how to properly aattach the reg.

Tao
07-19-2008, 05:00 AM
Read the guidelines that the Department of Transport and Transport Canada have for these cylanders instead of asking people who don't know ;)

Following the rules = happy shipment :clap:

Following guesses = rolling the dice :rolleyes: