PDA

View Full Version : A Question About High Pressure Tanks

putricio007
07-18-2008, 10:11 PM
So I won an auction on eBay for a Crossfire hp 68/4500 tank. Low and behold, when I get it it's a 45/4500 tank. Not really that big a deal because I think the guy selling it was a total newbie, and I really dont think he knew what he had. Here's the situation: I can use this tank no problem...but as we all know, classic valve mags are gas hogs. So, If I'm filling this tank say, 4 times a day twice a month, will this hurt the integrity of the tank? My local field can't really top it off to 4500 psi, more like 4000 psi. Is there any reason to be worried that I'm filling it so often? It is still in hydro. It wont have to be tested again until 2010. Thanks in advance. I'm just getting back into the game. I used to shoot my old mag with CO2 and a remote.

BigBirdpwns
07-18-2008, 10:14 PM
Keep it on the marker when you fill and it should be fine.Just as good as my 68/2500 fills I get. :)

maniacmechanic
07-19-2008, 07:18 PM
Allways fill your tanks as slow as possible , to avoid ; shock expansion , any vessel ( air , oxygen , nitrogen , co2 ) expands under high pressures
when you fill slowly it reduces the shock , if you just push the lever & fill it in 3 seconds it creates more of a shock , notice how after a fast fill your tank get's hot ? High psi through a restriction = heat
Remember this is the most dangerous piece of equipment you own ; respect it