PDA

View Full Version : any proteus fans around?

dark blade
07-20-2008, 09:25 PM
Im going to make this nice and simple, this is a thread where I want people to talk about their love of the old jt proteus and proteus 2... or their hate.

I personally have had mine since I started playing and have bought and returned every other mask ever made that was claimed to be good (other than other jts because the lens is the same making the mask virtually the same.)

So I just recently bough a new vforce grill and am returning it tomarow, it doesn't seem to breath any better or be any lower profile... if anything I would say it is larger than the proteus 2 I have

I can't get over the 2005 jt frame foam its so darn comfy and call me a nerd but the sportz comm package makes me smile whenevr I use it. I truly feel that if jt had a quick change lens system that worked with the proteus I would stop looking for another mask and probably never look again.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this mask or better yet still use one? Im trying to play as retro as I can without rocking a splatmaster and an old scott mask.

Currently running a warped emag with ricochet apache hopper (thought about a revvy but didn't do it) and wearing xsv pants (bak in the day) and a custom automags jersey along with my backwards hat and proteus 2.

Gotta love the mask

Ratt
07-21-2008, 04:05 AM
I have a Proteus, and I love it. I had an Axiom for a long time. It was getting pretty worn out, so I decided it was time for a new mask. I remembered that some of the guys on my old team had Proteus, so I watched ebay for a while, and finally got a used one for a very good price. I played in a tournament this past weekend. It was hot as hell, and I sweated my buttocks off. But, with the help of the JT fan, my lenses never fogged. I will never wear another mask, as long as I have or can get my hands on another Proteus.

Hgblues
07-21-2008, 07:02 AM
I liked the proteus. Makes me a bit closterphobic (spell check) these days. I do have a big head however (77/8).

http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/9966/mardigrasopenqm5.th.jpg (http://img229.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mardigrasopenqm5.jpg)

That's my proteus in my last mardi gras, in 2001 or 2002..I forget which..I'm shooting at the Naughty Dawgs in this pic...and yes, thats a warp on a '99 bushy..

ManInBlack
07-21-2008, 08:51 AM
I thought the proteus was way overpriced when they first came out so I didn't give them much of a thought. When my JT nVader lens cracked I started looking for a new mask and picked up a new proteus off of ebay. I don't think I'll ever go to another mask. It's a bit small and I get nailed in the neck once in a while but I can see and hear everything that I need to.

Couldn't resist throwing up a pic :)
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o234/CrashInBlack/Paintball/paintball0020.jpg

dark blade
07-21-2008, 07:04 PM
looking great, i love my mask and i think its wonderful. Anyone else besides me have any experience with using a sports comm system? I love having it built into my head, i feel almost like a futuristic soldier and the new players always freak when they dont see me talk into the speaker on my radio but hear everything.

rifleman wi
07-22-2008, 08:49 PM
i love mine so much i have 4 of them:) took forever to find my chameleon green one :)