PDA

View Full Version : X-Valved Mag REALLY starting to piss me off

MAGslinger
07-21-2008, 07:04 PM
Here is the problem, about a week ago, I gassed this gun up and when I pulled the trigger, it fired full-auto. Now fast-forward to today, I decided to disassemble and reassemble it. I had everything back together and then turned the gas on (I was running it off a remote) and all the sudden, the gun started firing WITHOUT ME PULLING THE TRIGGER! I'm very close to sending the gun into AGD (though it's gonna cost me an arm and a leg $65+parts+shipping ah the labors of love eh?) Thankfully, my Minimag still works (but I really like peppering people my my RT X Mag :shooting: :cry: )

Anyone know what the problem might be?

questionful
07-21-2008, 07:28 PM
Is there a paper-thin space between the back of the trigger and the sear rod?

MAGslinger
07-21-2008, 08:16 PM
Is there a paper-thin space between the back of the trigger and the sear rod?

not that I can see

MANN
07-21-2008, 08:38 PM
not that I can see

it sounds like your sear needs to be adjusted (somthing that can easily be done in ~ 1min once you know what you are doing). If you cant find directions on how to do so let us know and someone will post them.

MAGslinger
07-21-2008, 09:01 PM
How do I do this?

secretweaponevan
07-21-2008, 09:46 PM
1. Be sure that you have the rail bushing still in the hole in the rail that the field strip screw goes through to the valve. If it is missing, the valve could back out a bit and might mess up things.
http://store.airgundesignsusa.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=403&categoryID=92

2. See on this sear where the rod is threaded? VVV
http://store.airgundesignsusa.com/images/product/446.jpg
Screw it in or out until there is a credit card thin gap (~1/16") between the trigger rod and the back of the trigger when the marker is gassed up and the safety is on.

Post back and good luck

MAGslinger
07-22-2008, 07:28 AM
Ok I got it to fire with trigger again, but it's still doing F/A (I'm in the process of adjusting the sear).

secretweaponevan
07-22-2008, 09:48 AM
Ok I got it to fire with trigger again, but it's still doing F/A (I'm in the process of adjusting the sear).

Make sure that you have all your o-rings in the on/off top. If you have one that is missing or damaged, it would create full auto.

MAGslinger
07-22-2008, 10:30 AM
Make sure that you have all your o-rings in the on/off top. If you have one that is missing or damaged, it would create full auto.

Alright, I have finally adjusted the sear, I'm able to pull the trigger and it shoots but then after I pull the trigger gas starts leaking, any thoughts?

Baranha
07-22-2008, 10:57 AM
That happens to me sometimes, but for me the problem is my input pressure was not high enough. I have an adjustable so sometimes if i don't crank the pressure high enough, around 700-900, it goes full auto. So I guess make sure ur pressure is high enough.
Hope it helps

TwilightG
07-22-2008, 10:58 AM
Alright, I have finally adjusted the sear, I'm able to pull the trigger and it shoots but then after I pull the trigger gas starts leaking, any thoughts?

Depends on where it is leaking from. Does it leak when you have the trigger pulled back? If so, check the on/off. Might just need more oil otherwise replace some o-rings.

If it's not leaking when the trigger is pulled and it sounds like it's leaking down the barrel, then your LVL10 needs to be tuned... most likely the carrier is too big.

MAGslinger
07-22-2008, 01:29 PM
I pull the trigger, it fires then it leaks gas. How do I tune the level ten?

athomas
07-22-2008, 01:37 PM
When tuning the level 10, first remove all the shims. That way you don't get a shim induced leak when checking for a good carrier fit. Always use the same white carrier oring in each carrier that you try. Use the largest carrier size that does not cause a leak.

questionful
07-22-2008, 01:52 PM
How do I tune the level ten?

If you really want it to work well, don't take shortcuts. Do it at your field so you can fill your tank when you run out of air (you'll be de-gassing and gassing-up repeatedly).

http://www.automags.org/resource/level10/index.shtml

MAGslinger
07-22-2008, 02:46 PM
I think I know why it's not functioning, I have 900 psi left in my tank, I'm low on gas, that's probably why.

Automagrt666
07-22-2008, 02:56 PM
Just an FYI if you haven't considered this, my original RT did the same thing, and I had to change out all of the o-rings, particularly the ones in the regulator valve pin assembly, hope this helps.

Mime
07-22-2008, 06:33 PM
When your tuning your level ten, dont shove your eat right up against the marker, you will get a sea shell effect and hear your blood circulating in your head, easliy mistaken for a leak.

TwilightG
07-22-2008, 06:42 PM
When your tuning your level ten, dont shove your eat right up against the marker, you will get a sea shell effect and hear your blood circulating in your head, easliy mistaken for a leak.

LOL, my Automag sounds like the ocean!!

Sorry, couldn't help myself :D I know what you mean. Anytime I'm tuning my mag outside I have a hard time determining if I have a leak or if it's just wind or "sea shell effect"

MAGslinger
07-22-2008, 08:51 PM
I'm having less problems now, after adjusting the sear rod I pulled the trigger it shot then re-cocked then I shot it again then some air started leaking. Keep in mind I have the remote directly hooked up to the valve (one end is screwed into the valve, I'm still waiting for my bottomline ASA to come in the mail).

secretweaponevan
07-22-2008, 08:56 PM
I'm having less problems now, after adjusting the sear rod I pulled the trigger it shot then re-cocked then I shot it again then some air started leaking. Keep in mind I have the remote directly hooked up to the valve (one end is screwed into the valve, I'm still waiting for my bottomline ASA to come in the mail).

If you hold the trigger and it leaks, it is most likely the on/off top o-ring.

If it leaks while the trigger isn't pulled, it is most likely the powertube/carrier/toomanyshims o-ring.

MANN
07-22-2008, 09:04 PM
you need to make sure everything has enough oil. I cant stress this enough. automags need oil.

MAGslinger
07-22-2008, 09:30 PM
Well once the rest of my air system parts show up, I'm going to do that. :)

flyingpootang
07-22-2008, 09:40 PM
Are you using a ULT? If so remove 1 shim at a time until the fa stops. If your using a RT on/off you need a longer pin

Coralis
07-27-2008, 12:23 PM
full auto effect can also be caused by the small oring not seated properly in the regulator seat holder

parts 31 32 and 34

http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/5427/xvalveexplodedff7.gif