PDA

View Full Version : Emag + myth = epic fail.... help!!!

dark blade
07-21-2008, 07:08 PM
ok so some people might have remembered me posting a thread wondering if an HP myth would be great for an emag... however i got an HP spring from Myth and replaced it with the normal one and it is reading as 425-450 on the gauge on my asa.

Any ideas as to why? The mag is chuffing real bad with everything except the gold spring and even then i cant fire full auto at all without major chuffs. At first when i aired it up the gauge was jumping around after each shot going from 400 to 600 to 800 and to 1000 in a random order. I have no idea what is going on. Anyone have any ideas?

Here are my thoughts, i have already tried using a different ASA and it was still chuffing so pressure was still low but after then switching it back to the mag it stopped jumping in pressure and pretty much stayed at 425 until shot and then jumped to about 800 for a split second till a recharge on the valve happened.

Im really lost, please help, i also removed the gauge thinking it was robbing air and tried it again with a plug but still no avail it is reading as really low pressure and im really lost.

RangerX
07-21-2008, 07:16 PM
little confused about your sentence here

however i got an HP spring from Myth and replaced it with the normal one and it is reading as 425-450 on the gauge on my asa.

Is the hp spring in it or the normal one? from the sounds of it you have the normal spring in there. mags need ~800psi to cycle properly if the gauge is only reading ~425 thats your problem

dark blade
07-21-2008, 07:20 PM
i bought the HP spring and put it in, however it is putting out pressure like its an LP spring and not the HP or the normal mid pressure spring. So i am very confused and think they might have sent me the wrong one, however... i do not know.

someone please help, i contacted guerila air so if not one can help me i am going to have to send it in to them.

BigEvil
07-21-2008, 07:46 PM
You need to get 850 psi in there. Not really a mystery why the gun isnt working on 450. They might have sent you the wrong spring by mistake, or you put something in wrong. Call them, see what they say.

:cheers:

dark blade
07-21-2008, 07:49 PM
ya i sent them an email, and im not 100% sure if its the spring or what but i do know that the gauge is reading a low pressure and yes i know this is why the mag isnt working correctly. However, with 1500psi and the red spring i could not even get my mag to fire.

the only spring that would even fire without chuffing was the gold shortest.

and on another note, my red spring is longer than the silver one i have and the gold one is the shortest. Is this right? i always thought the silver was suppose to be the most tense, is it because its thicker or is the red one really stiffer and i got messed over.

athomas
07-22-2008, 01:43 PM
The long grey spring is supposed to be stiffer than the red one. If you have an older silver one that was cut, it may be lighter than the red one.

If the mag isn't shooting even when 1500psi is going into the valve, then you need to properly tune your level 10 setup. Assuming you have the proper velocity set, it sounds like you have bolt stick issues. Use a larger carrier.