PDA

View Full Version : Tac 1 questions

CatoRockwell
07-24-2008, 01:36 AM
Alright, so I finally have my Tac 1 longbow ready sent from AGD (props to their excellent customer service). Before I get to my questions let me explain my background a bit so you'll know what things to expect me to be ignorant on...

I have been playing paintball for almost 10 years but have never owned an Automag before, I primarily have used Tippman, the A-5 being my most recent marker. I do know how to (dis)assemble and maintain most markers I've encountered... except Electro crap. Anyway, never encountered an Automag in person before until a friend got one and let me try it out... needless to say I was impressed with his Tac 1's precision. So I finally purchased one of my own, and got it longbow ready since I like the longbow kit(still waiting for the longbow kit on backorder). This leads me to my questions:

1. How do I get the Feedneck off of my Tac 1? I have tried unscrewing it, and it won't budge. Is there some special method to remove it?

2. I have read alot about the recommended input pressure from my CA tank, now before you all laugh at me remember I primarily used tippmans so it hasn't been an issue in the past, but how do I adjust the input pressure of my CA Tank?

3. I plan on getting an alternate hopper other than just the sniper tubes for the longbow, as an alternative to just 21 shots. I looked into getting a Q-loader for it as this seems the only other option while maintaining the longbow shroud kit. However I've heard mixed reviews about Qloaders. Are there any other options that will work with the longbow kit? Also, anyone who uses the qloader, feedback on your experiences pros and cons thereof would be appreciated.

Can a warpfeed kit work with longbow shroud?

secretweaponevan
07-24-2008, 01:46 AM
Alright, so I finally have my Tac 1 longbow ready sent from AGD (props to their excellent customer service). Before I get to my questions let me explain my background a bit so you'll know what things to expect me to be ignorant on...

I have been playing paintball for almost 10 years but have never owned an Automag before, I primarily have used Tippman, the A-5 being my most recent marker. I do know how to (dis)assemble and maintain most markers I've encountered... except Electro crap. Anyway, never encountered an Automag in person before until a friend got one and let me try it out... needless to say I was impressed with his Tac 1's precision. So I finally purchased one of my own, and got it longbow ready since I like the longbow kit(still waiting for the longbow kit on backorder). This leads me to my questions:

1. How do I get the Feedneck off of my Tac 1? I have tried unscrewing it, and it won't budge. Is there some special method to remove it? Unscrew it. It is angel threaded. Use a strap wrench.

2. I have read alot about the recommended input pressure from my CA tank, now before you all laugh at me remember I primarily used tippmans so it hasn't been an issue in the past, but how do I adjust the input pressure of my CA Tank? Get an adjustable output HPA tank.

3. I plan on getting an alternate hopper other than just the sniper tubes for the longbow, as an alternative to just 21 shots. I looked into getting a Q-loader for it as this seems the only other option while maintaining the longbow shroud kit. However I've heard mixed reviews about Qloaders. Are there any other options that will work with the longbow kit? Also, anyone who uses the qloader, feedback on your experiences pros and cons thereof would be appreciated. You should be able to warpfeed it if a qloader is not to your tastes. You may need to get creative with the hose routing, but with a warpfeed, anything is possible.

Can a warpfeed kit work with longbow shroud?

Answers in red. Enjoy your Tac1

CatoRockwell
07-24-2008, 11:19 AM
I guess I'll have to go find someone with a Strap wrench. Thanks.

Some follow up questions:

1. What is the standard output of a non-adjustable HPA Tank? From what I'm reading most are between 800-850.

2. the Tac 1 comes with 3 seperate springs for the Level 10: A Red one, silver one, and the one that comes in the bolt (don't know hwat color it is). Now I'm assuming that like other spring kits I've had for other markers this if for stiffer or looser springs to get the right velocity. However, when I hand tested the springs there wasn't a recognizable difference in stiffness. Am I wrong about the purpose for the extra springs? If not can someone rank them for me?

3. About the qloader, again I've heard mixed reviews, what do you guys think? I've heard you can't speed fill it in game, is this true?

Thanks again for the help

secretweaponevan
07-24-2008, 11:27 AM
I guess I'll have to go find someone with a Strap wrench. Thanks.

Some follow up questions:

1. What is the standard output of a non-adjustable HPA Tank? From what I'm reading most are between 800-850.

2. the Tac 1 comes with 3 seperate springs for the Level 10: A Red one, silver one, and the one that comes in the bolt (don't know hwat color it is). Now I'm assuming that like other spring kits I've had for other markers this if for stiffer or looser springs to get the right velocity. However, when I hand tested the springs there wasn't a recognizable difference in stiffness. Am I wrong about the purpose for the extra springs? If not can someone rank them for me?

3. About the qloader, again I've heard mixed reviews, what do you guys think? I've heard you can't speed fill it in game, is this true?

Thanks again for the help

1. Yup, most are ~850
2. Not quite. Read this =>http://www.automags.org/resource/level10/index.shtml
Read it all. Know it. 10 minutes of reading will save hours of headaches later on, trust me.
3. I think qloaders have to be pre-wound with a certain number of winds and then loaded with paint. I have heard that the first gen q's weren't that great, but the second gen q's were a lot better and much more enjoyable. Never owned one, so this is only heresay.

MnwNwo
07-24-2008, 01:38 PM
Are they even going to produce longbow kits anymore?

CatoRockwell
07-25-2008, 12:49 AM
They are doing a last time shipment for them before the discontinue them, this is according to Spec Ops Sales Manager. I think they may still do it for future orders but it would be a special order custom job.

Unfortunately, Spec Ops seems to be convinced that the Tac One isn't popular enough to maintain the longbow kit for it, so now they are focusing on doing it for the POS Ion.