PDA

View Full Version : 68 Classic Help

thisissparta
07-24-2008, 05:18 PM
Hey, I am brand new to 'Mags, and after wanting one since I first saw one, I finally bought a 68 Classic with a Minimag valve. today I gassed it up, and nothing happened. Tinkering with the end screw, I managed to get it to shoot only while I was pressing on the end of the valve. I went to unscrew the thumbscrew behind the pistol grip, and it snapped. Any suggestions on what to do? I really want to get her working!

Thanks!!!!

secretweaponevan
07-24-2008, 11:10 PM
Hey, I am brand new to 'Mags, and after wanting one since I first saw one, I finally bought a 68 Classic with a Minimag valve. today I gassed it up, and nothing happened. Tinkering with the end screw, I managed to get it to shoot only while I was pressing on the end of the valve. I went to unscrew the thumbscrew behind the pistol grip, and it snapped. Any suggestions on what to do? I really want to get her working!

Thanks!!!!

Sounds like you were missing the rail bushing.
Sounds like you broke the field strip screw.

We need pics to recommend your next steps.

thisissparta
07-24-2008, 11:20 PM
I fail at posting pics here. :tard:

here's a link to my thread at Special Ops paintball forum. http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index.php?showtopic=155639&st=0&p=2100085&#entry2100085

pics are on post #10

Spider-TW
07-25-2008, 08:53 AM
Sounds like you were missing the rail bushing.
Sounds like you broke the field strip screw.

We need pics to recommend your next steps.
That's what it sounds like, but that's a new break for me. Never heard of the stainless field strip screw shearing off!

thisissparta
07-25-2008, 10:48 PM
yeah, it was screwed in really tight and it just popped off. Should I just call AGD on Monday when they're open?