PDA

View Full Version : Classic Valve reg issues

punkncat
07-24-2008, 06:41 PM
I had recently traded out a day of work for a Minimag. The valve was working fine aside from a bit of a "pre" leak coming from the on/off during the initial part of the trigger pull.
I broke out an oring kit that I had left over, and found a Diamond Lab "hurricane" reg and replaced all the orings, new reg seat, and everything that comes in the standard part kit. When I put it back together it was working very well, nice tight "shoop" sound when firing and consistant shot to shot.

I took it up to the shop today to fool around with it. Put some CO2 on it as it was my intention to use this one with that. The moment that I did the valve starts leaking out the back. I turned down the velocity and it started leaking out the vent hole on the side. The marker would fire under all conditions with a VERY high velocity.

I brought it back home, took it apart checked that I had everything in the right place, and put back the stock reg half. Now I am getting an extremely high first shot, with shootdown on the shots after to the point of a semi "chuff" in a few quick shots.

What do I need to check? The reg seat, piston oring, on/off orings are all new again and in the correct place, and back to the stock reg half.

BigEvil
07-24-2008, 08:07 PM
Change the reg seat, make sure you have it in right. (Wide side to the reg body). After that, check the reg pin for damage or white take swirled around in it. :eek:

You said co2? You arent getting liquid into the gun are you??? :nono:

Spider-TW
07-25-2008, 08:48 AM
Fixed?

Change the reg seat, make sure you have it in right. (Wide side to the reg body). After that, check the reg pin for damage or white [tape] swirled around in it. :eek:

You said co2? You arent getting liquid into the gun are you??? :nono:
No swirled white cake in there I expect. :)

Punk, don't forget to hold the CO2 bottle upright (valve up) when you screw it in if you don't have an anti-siphon tube or expansion chamber. I forget that for as often as I use CO2 on an unprotected valve anymore.

I say that because I poured liquid CO2 through a tippmann pump last weekend.

putricio007
07-25-2008, 10:20 AM
Is the spring pack in the right way? I had it in backwards once and the symptoms I had were similar to yours.

athomas
07-28-2008, 10:30 AM
Ensure you aren't siphoning liquid into the valve. Check the regulator seat oring. I had issues with aftermarket reg seat orings, even when they were brand new. I now only use AGD regulator sear orings.