PDA

View Full Version : Doing a Automag rebuild, need help

MAGslinger
07-26-2008, 02:49 PM
Seeing as my wallet is drying up (and seeing as it will be a few months until I can buy a Tac 1. I need to do a rebuild on my X-Valved Mag (as I have mentioned before by my previous post, it has been giving me some problems :cry: ). I'm going to need to be replacing the powertube O-Ring (I looked at the old automag vids on youtube and TK said that any leaks down the barrel are linked to that). Is it possible to use a socket wrench to remove the powertube tip (it's a level ten, which is screwed on very tight, from the last owner). I'm gonna be ordering the parts kits this monday, and I just thought I'd ask anyone if there are any handy resources to help me perform this type of heavy maintenance (I've disassembled my Minimag before, but I have never done a complete tear down of my X-Valve Mag, and I have never replaced O-Rings on this type of a marker).

TeamJackal37
07-26-2008, 03:24 PM
maybe this will help
http://www.themagsmith.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=39

Coralis
07-26-2008, 07:35 PM
i normally use a cresent wrench but if you have a socket that fits i dont see why it wouldn't work

MAGslinger
07-26-2008, 10:25 PM
I think I have found the root of my problems with my X-Valved Mag. I unscrewed the powertube tip and discovered there were three shims :eek: installed in the powertube (instead of the normal two that appear on the diagram) Obviously the previous owner made a error. Am I right on the money?

Coralis
07-27-2008, 11:21 AM
the only reason you need shims on the level 10 is if the bolt doesnt reset after the bolt bounce of a partially fed paintball ... when i had the level 10 installed in my mag i had no shims

btw take a look at this vid for installing the level 10 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0mvr30jKhw

athomas
07-28-2008, 10:24 AM
Yes, too many shims can cause a leak down the barrel. Like Coralis mentioned, you only need shims if the bolt doesn't vent following a breach blockage. Adding shims shortens the distance that the bolt needs to move to ensure the vent hole becomes exposed. If that distance is already short, then aditional shims can expose the vent hole while the bolt is sitting at the ready position.