PDA

View Full Version : Help me pick a barrel for my euromag?

belligerentruth
07-26-2008, 08:43 PM
Hey guys...

I am having my euro x-mag out getting the luxury treatment at the anodizers as we speak...

My question is - what is the 'best' barrel for a mag? A couple of things to consider before you make your suggestion:

1. I'm anodizing it, therefore don't suggest a carbon fiber
2. Price isn't a consideration - so please don't suggest barrels you consider to be the best buy, or best value for the money. I don't mind paying for the best.. so what's best?
3. I like a 14" tip. I won't ano any other tips that come with the kit (if you suggest a kit).
4. I'm anodizing small characters, similiar to letters onto the barrel, just bear it in mind, some tips would make this more difficult than others.
5. I've used an ultralite and personally felt it was overrated.
6. I've used matchstix and were very impressed with this kit but I don't like the case they come in, don't need all the tips, etc.

Thanks guys, I appreciate any advice you can give me.

kruger
07-26-2008, 08:53 PM
Hey guys...

I am having my euro x-mag out getting the luxury treatment at the anodizers as we speak...

My question is - what is the 'best' barrel for a mag? A couple of things to consider before you make your suggestion:

1. I'm anodizing it, therefore don't suggest a carbon fiber
2. Price isn't a consideration - so please don't suggest barrels you consider to be the best buy, or best value for the money. I don't mind paying for the best.. so what's best?
3. I like a 14" tip. I won't ano any other tips that come with the kit (if you suggest a kit).
4. I'm anodizing small characters, similiar to letters onto the barrel, just bear it in mind, some tips would make this more difficult than others.
5. I've used an ultralite and personally felt it was overrated.
6. I've used matchstix and were very impressed with this kit but I don't like the case they come in, don't need all the tips, etc.

Thanks guys, I appreciate any advice you can give me.

Stock Dye Matrix barrel. Very underated barrel. Made from 03 to 04. Made from Ultra-lite stock and accurate as all get out. Used, go for about 5 to 10. Also, would compliment the lines of a Euro very nicely. Takes ano very well and plenty of room for any figures that you want to add. I buy every one that I find. My 2 cents worth.

tech-chan
07-26-2008, 09:31 PM
Get three CP one piece barrels. One in every major bore size.

I have never shot such an accurate barrel before the CP.

It'll cost you about 65 for all three in 14".

BenoitOWN
07-26-2008, 10:15 PM
Get three CP one piece barrels. One in every major bore size.

I have never shot such an accurate barrel before the CP.

It'll cost you about 65 for all three in 14".

The anodizing will get the bore size changed

890SHAWN
07-26-2008, 10:33 PM
I personally like the Freak system for looks and versatility of bore sizes. AA fronts.
Post pics of you Euro-X when you get it back with the new color scheme. I'm curious and like the Euro-X and there aren't many floating around.
Thanks

Rudz
07-26-2008, 11:44 PM
Titanium barrel kit, 3 backs in chrome and u just anno the barrel tip

Bestest barrel ever

/who ever suggests smart parts should be shot.....

/ repeatedly...

belligerentruth
07-27-2008, 12:11 AM
As a Viking owner I will never buy 1 item sold by smart parts.

That being said thanks for all the suggestions guys. I wish I could find an Orbium 3 - it looks like a solid option too.

Storminnorman
07-27-2008, 01:29 AM
I personally will always love my Ti barrels. You can get the backs in aluminum and fronts are aluminum. They self clean like no other barrel I have ever owned. Dead nuts accurate, love em. I use a unitech lucky kit for my pump cocker and like how its a one piece barrel but it still has interchangeable inserts with different bores.
http://www.pbreview.com/products/reviews/1265/
http://www.pbreview.com/products/reviews/?sort=new&prod=4333&page=1#162343
Also Manns barrel test might help you decide.
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2218018

Shane-O-Mac
07-27-2008, 02:51 AM
The anodizing will get the bore size changed

Stripping the old anno will enlarge the bore a bit, but the re-anno process will bring it back to where it started from. Annodizing actually builds a layer on top of the aluminum and the color dyes this layer. So a good anno guy will not remove too much and will not rebuild too much.

Strider
07-28-2008, 05:55 AM
There is no best barrel, only opinion. :p

For me - Armson. I only own 6 of them, deadly accurate.