PDA

View Full Version : Original X-mag price??

insixdays777
07-27-2008, 10:06 AM
What was the original price of the X-mag when you could buy them new from AGD??

pmstc
07-27-2008, 10:15 AM
Er, I want to say around $1200 but it depended on what breeches/options you got etc.

BigEvil
07-27-2008, 06:45 PM
I think I paid $1300 and change for mine with shipping and such.

insixdays777
07-27-2008, 06:49 PM
wow...Thanks guys...amazing they are selling used these days for that or more! :cheers:

ManInBlack
07-27-2008, 09:18 PM
Classics go for more money. Old corvettes usually go for a lot more than they did when new. Same with the x-mag.

paint magnet
07-27-2008, 09:35 PM
Classics go for more money. Old corvettes usually go for a lot more than they did when new. Same with the x-mag.

Yeah, but not 4 years later :p

AGD
07-27-2008, 11:01 PM
And I bet we are the only gun selling for more used than new.

I guess AGD sucks...... ;)

AGD

Geronimo7
07-27-2008, 11:11 PM

AMEN to that.... :headbang:

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

edit: Tom, your mags rock...........period :argh:

trevorjk
07-27-2008, 11:18 PM

AGD

QOUTED FOR TRUTH :eek: :spit_take

Bolter
07-28-2008, 10:43 AM

AGD

What you NEED confirmation of this fact?

I didn't think so :)

ThePixelGuru
07-28-2008, 12:14 PM

AGD
You better hope Sean@SP doesn't see that; it'd be all the confirmation he needs that you don't have any "passion for the sport." ;)

There must be other markers selling used for more than their original retail... Can't seem to think of any, though. What was MSRP for Nelspot 007s?

BigEvil
07-28-2008, 12:54 PM

AGD

Took you long enough to figure it out :p :D :dance:

B-Pow
07-28-2008, 02:13 PM
You better hope Sean@SP doesn't see that; it'd be all the confirmation he needs that you don't have any "passion for the sport." ;)

There must be other markers selling used for more than their original retail... Can't seem to think of any, though. What was MSRP for Nelspot 007s?

Some AKA markers sell for around what they did new, or more. Depending on aftermarket work. Same with X's...most X's that sell for more than the retail price was have custom anno, feedneck mods, X-mod, hidden milling...yadda yadda.

But I will aggree that it is amazing that even the unmodified X's are still going for about what they did new. Especially in a market that depreciates products faster than automotives.

But then again a lot of it is you rabid fans who keep the price high because you demand a piece of that history (or if you are A-Tac the majority of that history) and the supply is not meeting the demand and is only shrinking (with no help from A-Tac....can you tell I'm jeloius).

ThePixelGuru
07-28-2008, 03:33 PM
Some AKA markers sell for around what they did new, or more. Depending on aftermarket work. Same with X's...most X's that sell for more than the retail price was have custom anno, feedneck mods, X-mod, hidden milling...yadda yadda.

But I will aggree that it is amazing that even the unmodified X's are still going for about what they did new. Especially in a market that depreciates products faster than automotives.

But then again a lot of it is you rabid fans who keep the price high because you demand a piece of that history (or if you are A-Tac the majority of that history) and the supply is not meeting the demand and is only shrinking (with no help from A-Tac....can you tell I'm jeloius).
Yeah, I was thinking AKA, but stock AKA markers seem to sell for less than they did originally. The expensive ones tend to have custom milling and ano from DC or the like. I don't think XMags need a ton of mods (or any mods) to move at above retail price. Most of those crazy ano ones are just rare factory anos (Shark Attack, anyone?), X-Mod barely counts because everyone flashes every board ever made, and I think an XMag with some feedneck mod would be worth less than an XMag with both stock breaches. Besides, I'm sure if you take a LNIB, bone-stock XMag you could get above $1200 for it, and that's the true test.

Spider-TW
07-28-2008, 04:15 PM
Considerably better than dropping 20-30% per year [timmies], I'd say. It's one of the benefits of not participating in the new mass production and marketing strategies. :cool:

Epic_Scotsman
07-28-2008, 05:39 PM
I think the kp rifles sell for more but I'm not sure.

Smoothice
07-28-2008, 06:52 PM
well they sure are sexy :D

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x57/smoothice15/left.jpg

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x57/smoothice15/100-pixels-wide-1.gif

kruger
07-28-2008, 07:07 PM
"well they sure are sexy "

And now it has been determined that they suck as well. That makes them perfect in my book.

ThePixelGuru
07-28-2008, 08:17 PM
I think the kp rifles sell for more but I'm not sure.
Oh, good call. A good condition KP2-SC on MCB going for $700 might not be out of the ordinary. I'm not sure what they retailed for new, but I doubt it was that much. P68s were nowhere near that much, and I don't believe any Sheridan/Crosman air rifles sell for that much.

EDIT: Post number 1337... hah!

Smoothice
07-28-2008, 08:54 PM
"well they sure are sexy "

And now it has been determined that they suck as well. That makes them perfect in my book.

I wish I could find that combination in a woman :cry:

Epic_Scotsman
07-28-2008, 09:02 PM
ROFL that is awesome :clap:

doesn't every man

DiRTyBuNNy
08-02-2008, 09:36 PM
Forget the price...the most excruciating part of getting an original X-mag (and I think I had 3..or was it 4...the Blue/Black Fade disaster...the Blue one and then the Lava/Mexican Camo one...so yeah...3.) was the year plus long wait to get one...

--DB