PDA

View Full Version : Powers out

bornl33t
07-27-2008, 07:10 PM
Just had a major thumpin by some bad weather. A little damage, nothing bad, but I got's no power. I took a drive and we have 3 poles in within a mile laying accrost the road. So when my phone or laptop dies I'm going to bed.... :tard:

bornl33t
07-28-2008, 04:02 PM
well this morning there was a major accident with fatalities on a road that the power company was using to get out here. I'm sure this caused more delays. Around 12pm the power co had not yet locate the reason for the power outage but the poles were still on the ground waiting for the truck with the pole grabber thingy to get here. I went into town... about 20 min away to see if anyone had a generator still and happened upon a new shippmnt of briggs 5500 watters. while it.s not the diesel self starter I've been dreaming about since we built this house it will keep the food cold and some other things running for now. Plus I can always get a second one...or two....
Laptop died around 2 am and so now it's charging while I use the phone... did I mension how great this phone is???
Tonight I'm grillin sirloin since the oven is down

Ruler_Mark
07-28-2008, 06:21 PM
mmm steak

billybob_81067
07-28-2008, 09:22 PM
THIS (http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=94404) is the generator you need.... :cool:

And they sell bigger ones on there too...

skife
07-29-2008, 02:42 PM
THIS (http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=94404) is the generator you need.... :cool:

And they sell bigger ones on there too...

i'd stay away from buying anything at harbor freight that you need to count on.

billybob_81067
07-29-2008, 03:10 PM
Heck they sell a bunch of good stuff and they sell a bunch of pure crap too, just depends on what you want to spend for it. If you buy the real cheap stuff then yeah it'll probably break, but if you suck it up and buy their better quality stuff it's not too bad. I've spent probably a grand on harbor freight stuff in the past 2 years and my dad has spent at least that much too.

Looks like that generator isn't even made by them they just a distributor for them.

bornl33t
07-29-2008, 07:00 PM
Heck they sell a bunch of good stuff and they sell a bunch of pure crap too, just depends on what you want to spend for it. If you buy the real cheap stuff then yeah it'll probably break, but if you suck it up and buy their better quality stuff it's not too bad. I've spent probably a grand on harbor freight stuff in the past 2 years and my dad has spent at least that much too.

Looks like that generator isn't even made by them they just a distributor for them.

yeah, I think home depot sells that one. Either way they sell a NG LP generator.....I actually considered it too.....but I couldn't pass it by the finance minister...

MoeMag
07-29-2008, 07:17 PM
My rule for harbor freight is if it has moving parts... dont buy it unless its sold somewhere else too.

they have a lot of little things I end up getting tho.