PDA

View Full Version : Tac one regulator

epl
07-28-2008, 10:57 PM
is there any advantage on using the regulator?

Tbuck
07-30-2008, 07:57 PM
is there any advantage on using the regulator?

More consistent FPS.

dark blade
07-30-2008, 08:24 PM
im not 100% sure what you are asking here, if you are asking if your marker will be more consistant with a regulator in place of the airthru front grip then i have an answer for you... NO

the x-valve is one of the best regulators and valves out. By using another regulator you are just going to regulate the pressure more and prevent recharge rates from being as good as possible and would definitely prevent you from being able to get any reactivity at all beacuse almost all regulators max-out at 800psi (need more than that for bounce)

if you are talking about having an airthru setup vs macro or steel braid straight from the asa to the valve then there is no difference, the pressures will be the same and the recharges are identical. There is no difference

if you mean something else please explain and i will help you better

questionful
07-30-2008, 08:49 PM
epl I think you are confused. The regulator on automags is integrated into the valve. You can't not use it. If you thought the foregrip was a regulator, it's not, it's just an air-thru gip. You leave it on and run the air straight into the valve, or just take it off, whatever.

Stare at this until you understand it, ask any questions you have about it:

http://www.zdspb.com/media/tech/animations/rtemag2_6fps.gif

epl
07-30-2008, 09:41 PM
I was asking about the front grip. I heard it was a regulator and was curious about it. I was thinking of using it, but it seemed more of a hassle. I was just curious if there was any benefit on using the grip. But I guess not. Thanx

ThePixelGuru
07-31-2008, 11:27 AM
Nope, that's just a gas-thru grip, no advantage or disadvantage. It's just a different place to run your air hose.

People get confused sometimes because that's where the regulator is on most markers, and on the Automag it's still threaded the same way. Your regulator is actually the back half of your X-Valve, though.

epl
07-31-2008, 08:59 PM
Nice, It make me love my gun alot more

Mime
08-04-2008, 08:42 PM
I think that if you did the whole 3-4 regulator process then you would starve your marker from air.

on a side note: I was at my field one day and I saw a guy with a tippmann and this is how his C02 setup was.

from tank to tank regulator.
from tank regulator to ??? Regulator
from that regulaor through a remote line ( counts as a regulator, more room for C02 to expand....)
remote line to palmers regulator. from palmers into the marker.

thats like 3 regulators, plus the markers regulator, plus the remote line.

the guy had a +/- FPS of 2.. on C02.
I was impressed... but all those regulators cost more then his marker for sure lol :rofl: