PDA

View Full Version : How many of you are still Mag owners and....

punkncat
07-29-2008, 01:17 PM
I know this has probably been asked a million times.

How many of you using AO no longer own or use a mag? How many of you never had one in the first place?

Other than AO what PB related sites are you visiting nowdays? Are they marker sponsored/oriented like owners groups, or general forums?

I owned a mag for years and found this site as a natural course of looking for info and parts for them. Having recently sold my primary mag I still log on here first, but have found myself spending more and more time on MCB. I find the older markers and history about them to be facisnating. Not that I ever plan on playing with any of them, it is just neat stuff to discover.

chairman_mao
07-29-2008, 01:21 PM
All I own are mags. AO and my local field forums get chacked the most regularly but I also lurk around MCB on a regular basis.

insixdays777
07-29-2008, 01:28 PM
I am a mag owner since 97. Always have owned one...at least in a box under my bed...darktimes of BPS electro craze has come and gone with me. My ULE X valve, Pneumag is my primary.

Spend my time on:

AO
MCB
PBL

warpfeedmod
07-29-2008, 01:28 PM
First marker was a mag, last marker will be a mag. I've owned and currently own other brands (Ions, Cockers, Spyder, etc), I've been playing for almost 15 years if not more, and remember when they actually filled nitro tanks with nitrogen lol

I check PBN (usually the for sale, can't stand some of the fanboi elitism in some of the subforums..), MCB, customcockers and underground mod shop. I'm not as active as I was say 10 years ago (both in forums and playing), but I still like to keep abreast of what's going on in the industry and the path it's going.

BenoitOWN
07-29-2008, 01:31 PM
paintball montreal
model98.org
spec ops
mcb
tippmann forum
scp
a5 owner group(even if I have never owner a a5 lol)
Ao
canadian paintball(do not really look there now)
pb nation(do not really go there now)

That the forum I mostly visit. 6 of them are general, 4 are of dedicated to.

I was a tippmann owner and collector before and sticked to them untill I bought my e-mag. I think I had around 10 different tippmann and was close to 20-22 marker total.

Now I mostly sold all of my tippmann and switching for more quality marker that you guys will see later when it will be complete. Now I will stick to 4 marker in the end:
Pump
speed-ish marker(even if I do not play that style hehe)
milsim marker
pistol
(hint there will be 2 mags in those)

StygShore
07-29-2008, 02:09 PM
No longer own a Mag, or any mag parts except the stainless part of a reactor valve I found in my pencil holder this morning.

I shoot my Mini and my freeflow Pump now, and am very happy with both. the mag's biggest drawback for me was the number of shots I got off of it.

I loved the lvl 10 more than anything, but having to lug a 92cu tank around with me to get any respectable number of shots out of it was cumbersome.

I still frequent here a lot, BEO, the Nation, McB, Doc's, and Custom Cockers and that's about it. Mostly here for BST's and BEO and MCB to talk with people and see whats going on. And the Nation to see what a wreck this hobby has become

Styg

Spider-TW
07-29-2008, 02:21 PM
I Maggot.

I bump around IOG and BEO, with MCB and customcockers for info mostly.

BigEvil
07-29-2008, 02:23 PM
BEO,

Never heard of it ;) :rolleyes: :D

I really like MCB - at times, when people arent talking about BRASS!!! I also like Customcockers and HalfCocker.com. Docs site is dropping off my radar, I only seldom go there these days. PBN has one useful thread I frequented often, and that was the official MQ2 section that M.Quinn would answer questions in.

I loved the lvl 10 more than anything, but having to lug a 92cu tank around with me to get any respectable number of shots out of it was cumbersome.

Im starting to feel the same way but it depends on how war the air station is. Im also starting to enjoy some of the other markers I own for the first time now that I am using them.

B-Pow
07-29-2008, 02:24 PM
I never owned a mag, borrowed some and thought they were nice machines. I'm on this forum because the average maturity level is better than most...PbN's "stfu n00b" stuff got old fast.

I frequent AO, PBL, and IOG (IntimidatorOwners.com)

Epic_Scotsman
07-29-2008, 02:26 PM
AO
MCB
local field forum(mersey road)
PBn(when I need something)

started with a tippy. Got on mags and now I'm hooked.

georgeyew
07-29-2008, 02:28 PM
I have 4 mags and will always own one in the future (if I can help it). I just like knowing that they will always shoot when I need it to. I've thought about selling one of my 4 mags since I don't have time to shoot all of them (I bought some as back ups in case one ever goes down...but they never have yet), I just can't seem to let any of them go. Oh well, I guess I'll keep them :clap:

wetwrks
07-29-2008, 02:39 PM
I have owned at least one mag since 91 (still have my original) and don't see that ever changing.

Messed with cockers, doubt I will ever own another. Still have 2 older tippmanns (SL2, FA), doubt I will get rid of the SL, the FA is iffy. Still have my WGP Ranger pumpgun but am trying to sell my Sniper. Just sold my 3357 Spotmarker.

Don't know. Pretty much when I play it is either my Automag or the SL2.

Would consider a Mini but still waiting for the right one at the right price. Other than that, not too interrested in most of the guns on the market. They all either look just like each other or are uber expensive.

I tend to frequent AO, PBL, BE, and MCB.

pmstc
07-29-2008, 02:50 PM
I've owned almost strictly mags from 2001 to 2008. Picked up a PM5 and an Ego and parted my epneu-y-mag this spring and I have to say I'm pretty satisfied, as blasphemous as it sounds. No intentions of owning a mag as my primary again, though I wouldn't mind having one around for old times' sake.

athomas
07-29-2008, 03:15 PM
I own three mags and many other electros, mechanical semis and pumps. I think I own about 14 guns now. I use my Angel when competing in Xball tournaments, but I still prefer my retromag when playing big games. Heck, I have even played with the mag on the Xball field during walk-on days.

I frequent a few forums, but prefer AO due to the level of maturity here.

questionful
07-29-2008, 04:57 PM
AO
MCB
SpecOps

I started with the SpecOps forums a few years ago. Once I was saved from my tippmann obsession, I started posting only in their pump section. Then I got tired of SpecOps altogether, and started posting only here. Now I still post in the mag section on SpecOps, except recently due to the lack of any interesting discussion. Always just "should I get a tac one?". Oi. Anyway, I've been going on MCB recently. It's similar to AO in that people are mature and talk about interesting stuff.

TnDeathInc
07-29-2008, 04:59 PM
still have mags, xmags emages ule mags, rt's, but they arent seeing the field as much as my aka and my macdev's now. Mainly to do with air consumption, especially when i play scenarios

Warwitch
07-29-2008, 06:02 PM
Well Ive certainly thinned the heard lately but I still have the pneumag. Not planning on being Magless anytime in the near future either.

Ravenneon
07-29-2008, 06:31 PM
I pretty much just hang on AO---only stuff worth reading....i own 3 markers
one is my minimag...nothing special(benchmark double trigger frame/12in J&J ceramic barrel) i got a cheap electro autococker trilogy proSF...haven't really used it a whole lot.
My pride and joy is my Warp left Tac-one i got earlier this year, i absolutely love it just bought a new J&J ceramic barrel for it and here in the near future was thinking of converting it to a P-Tac(pnuematic)

Dark Cloud
07-29-2008, 06:36 PM
Don't have my mag anymore but I've been trying to get my hands on a nice emag or xmag if I can find one lately.

I switch between AO and PBnation usually, but I have found the AO community to be much more mature and easy to deal with. I feel much more secure selling or buying items here than any other sites. PBnation is filled with 15 16 year old players who think they have learned everything about the sport after playing for a year. There are a lot of smart guys there too, but I always feel I've ran into way to many ignorant people there.

Strider
07-29-2008, 06:54 PM
Have been with mag for 9 years now. :) Still running my Tequila Emag fulltime.

AO, PBallCanada plus local forums.

Aidoneus
07-29-2008, 06:55 PM
i have a tac one and a galactic z mag. I also have a tippmann 98 custom, a e orracle, and a fs8

mr doo doo
07-29-2008, 06:58 PM
Pump mag, pistol mag, jungle mag, PTP Micromag, and a 05 Prostock Autococker. First gun was an Automag, and i'll still rock one until i stop playing paintball.

Love AO and its community (loved it more before all the banning and drama happened), but i like Pbnation for its Pump community and the fact that it has lots of people on there. Pblegion i go there sometimes, but it's quiet over there. Hopefully people will still use mags in the future so AO can still be bumping :dance:

turbo chicken
07-29-2008, 07:20 PM
nope no mag anymore... still lurk around here though... i seriously can't controll my trigger finger on a semi thus playing is expensive.. so i started stock class and haven't looked back.

SCP MCB ... Here ... PBL mostly SCP though....

MoeMag
07-29-2008, 08:02 PM
I started with a mag.

Had everything in between.

still have my first mag, and its offspring made up of parts.

They always have been my primary.

But I do have an ongoing affair with a GenE Matrix.

jade_monkey07
07-29-2008, 08:23 PM
First marker was a sprider mr1(pos)Second marker was my Tac one. I'll always have my tac, and a few other mags around. i frequent AO and mcb for the same reason everyone else has stated, maturity level. pb nation once in a bluemoon to check the Dangerous power thread.
but yes I will always have a mag

Eagle
07-29-2008, 08:29 PM
I own 2 mags

going_home
07-29-2008, 08:33 PM
Even though mainly pump play lately, the mags are still here.
Always have a mech mag around, they are just more fun than any other marker I've found.
Too much fun to be without one. :clap:

MCB
AO
SCP
SpecOps
AKAOG
BEO
PHOG

:rolleyes:

flyingpootang
07-29-2008, 08:44 PM
I own 12 mags although some only see the feild once a year. I'm good with that because mags hold or raise in value....

Forums: MCB, PBN, BEO, PBL, & T8OG....

SkinnyHare
07-29-2008, 08:47 PM
still a mag and mag only shooter. still have my first one, my Minimag, as well as 3 more Minimags, 5 classic RTs, 1 Emag, and probably enough parts to build another 2 mech mags on top of all that.

AO is the main place i look online, MCB once in a while. i used to stop by PBN, but it's been a really long time since i could put up with that place.

maniacmechanic
07-29-2008, 09:04 PM
a bunch of mags , a phantom ,a pgp , couple other cheep old pumps , even a tippman or 2
Mags and the Phantom are primarys
Forums ; AO ,Spec Ops , UMS ( lurker ) , MCB , BEO , pbn ( mag forum only )
Seeing a lot of numbers anyone got a group pic ?
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m156/maniacmechanic59/the%20wall/100_1640.jpg

Baranha
07-29-2008, 09:13 PM
Own two Mags. I've had my first one for 7 years. I refuse to shoot anything else.

crewbe
07-29-2008, 10:40 PM
had a emag for a while but ditched it for a matrix and haven't pick up another mag since. now i have over 6 different matrix's from an entity to milled dm 4 & 6 along with others other then lurking on hear still im on matrixowner and pbn

Pullman
07-29-2008, 11:50 PM
My first marker was an Automag classic (2001?). Since then I have gun whored through a ton of stuff. Now I have a vert feed Minimag, an, Emag, a Quest, a Sentinel, an S6, an Illusion, and a PGP.

I'd prolly sell the Quest if I could get enough for it to make it worth the hassle.

I don't really shoot enough to make air consumption that big a concern.

Ratt
07-29-2008, 11:56 PM
I bought my first paintball gun back in '01. It was a brand-new Pirahna. A few months later I bought my first REAL gun...an EMag (from Brad at Paintball Maxx...it was the first one they ever sold, I believe...). I now own 6 mags (Emag, MicroMag2000, R/T, R/T Classic, X-valved Classic, and a Classic. I also now have 5 Tribals. If you count the PT Extreme and WG-65, I have 13 total (but I don't count those 2, b/c I never use them much at all). Wait...I didn't count the EMag that BradAGD has had for 3 years...

I visit AO and TOG (Tribal Paintball Online) every day, sometimes 3 or 4 times a day. I go on MCB a couple times a week. I stay away from PBN (for the obvious reasons).

So, yea, I still have mags. Always will. Oh yea...I ended up just giving that Pirahna away.

d-paint
07-30-2008, 01:29 AM
i never owned a mag..but real soon im gonna get one :D and im really really happy coz i've allways wanted one..
the forums i visit are this one that i love and paintballs.it that is the italian one
ab sometimes ops..

kurtisqpublic
07-30-2008, 06:00 AM
I own a classic rt mag, a classic 'cocker, and a mini. I'd like to add a PGP and SC Phantom to the herd and then i'd be done!

mt84
07-30-2008, 06:52 AM
AO
TOG
MCB
PBL

Have and Play with three Mags, Classic 68 Pump w/Lvl5 Valve, Classic 68 w/powerfeed and a XMag from a collection 27 markers: Sniper, Sniper II's, SL68 II, Tippy 68 Special, Nel Spot 007, Tribal's, Ion, BT4, Raptor Extreme's, Mini Coker's and Cocker's pre 98.......

So yah I still love them.....

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p200/mt84/mt84%20other%20Stuff/AO_Canada2.gif

ultralight
07-30-2008, 07:00 AM

How many of you using AO no longer own or use a mag? How many of you never had one in the first place?

Other than AO what PB related sites are you visiting nowdays? Are they marker sponsored/oriented like owners groups, or general forums?

I owned a mag for years and found this site as a natural course of looking for info and parts for them. Having recently sold my primary mag I still log on here first, but have found myself spending more and more time on MCB. I find the older markers and history about them to be facisnating. Not that I ever plan on playing with any of them, it is just neat stuff to discover.

i sill own 2 minimags, but i sold my pneumag. (why did i ever do that?!?!?)

work has restricted the sites i browse, MCB is off limits as are Docs, PBN,and PBR. i'll lurk around custom cockers every now and again though. for a while there "internet" was synonymous with "AO".

ThePixelGuru
07-30-2008, 09:31 AM
Still an Automaggot. Been getting into Sheridans, though.

So: AO, MCB, BEO.

robnix
07-30-2008, 09:52 AM

I only own mags. They're a known quantity to me and I trust them. While there are a lot of other great markers out there, as long as AGD is around, I don't feel the need to shoot any of them.

AO, BEO, MCB for the most part.

custar
07-30-2008, 09:55 AM
I have >too many< Mags and still love them.

For forums:
geisterjager.com (website for D-Day unit)
AO
MCB
PBN (mostly AGD and AKA forums but also Scenario Talk)
PBR
Ddayadventurepark (OK D-Day website and forum)
specops
axiscommand.org
AKAOG
BEO
SCP

Does e-Bay count?

custar

thegrayghost
07-30-2008, 10:18 AM
for mags, have 1, my classic which is backup in severe weather, the other one went to Punkncat....

AO
PBN
OSOK

Jeffy-CanCon
07-31-2008, 09:58 AM
I still own my original 68 classic from 1998, but I haven't used it in probably two years. I don't play as much, and when I do it is usually with my Sniper2, or my Promaster.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
08-01-2008, 01:02 PM
all i have left is an intelliframe =(

bryceeden
08-01-2008, 01:35 PM
I'm in the no mags catagory, but I use to own afew.

890SHAWN
08-01-2008, 04:02 PM
I have an Emag, Xmag, Ultralight mag, snipermag, a Hypermag, a Boo-yah mag, a Autoresponse mag and have started my sons with an RT Classic with a UMF and an RT Pro with UMF both with level 10's and they love them. They love the "RT" reaction!
Mainly stay here on AO.

Jaan
08-01-2008, 04:14 PM
I still own my first 'Mag that I got in 95ish...it's the one that won MotM this May.

I have 4 'Mags but I can't remember the last time I used one. I've been playing pump almost exclusively for the past 3 years.

Other than here I hang out a lot at M Carter Brown.