PDA

View Full Version : Pneumag help

ezcreation
07-29-2008, 08:21 PM
Ok: got a perfectly working pneumag,decided to change the rail and then big issue: each time I pull the trigger I hear a big ssshhhhh coming from the part supposed to move the sear but no fire...Seems like the part supposed to be pushing the sear is not pushed hard enough...

Question:
1) Is it possible I lost a part?
2) Is there a way to adjust the intensity of the piston hitting the sear?

Any input greatly appreciated...

Thanks

flyingpootang
07-29-2008, 08:32 PM
Is it possible you mixed up the hoses on the MSV2 or try turning your LPR all the way down then slow up until your marker fires....

ezcreation
07-29-2008, 09:00 PM
Is it possible you mixed up the hoses on the MSV2 or try turning your LPR all the way down then slow up until your marker fires....

WEll marker was firing before and I didnt touch the internals

I will try to tune it down (starts leaking)

I am noticing (after watching other pictures) that the piston is pushing the sear in its middle...Is that normal? Shouldnt it pushing it at the bottom?

rawbutter
07-30-2008, 09:41 AM
WEll marker was firing before and I didnt touch the internals

I will try to tune it down (starts leaking)

I am noticing (after watching other pictures) that the piston is pushing the sear in its middle...Is that normal? Shouldnt it pushing it at the bottom?

The higher your set the LPR, the more force the piston will exert on the sear. So like pootang said, just turn your LPR off and then start incresing the pressure until the marker fires consistently.

Hitting the sear in the middle as opposed to the bottom isn't ideal, but it should still work. It will just take slightly more psi to move the sear.

It's also possible (although very unlikely) that changing out the rail actually changed the position of the sear. If turning up the pressure of the LPR doesn't move the sear, then perhaps the sear is too far back for the piston to push it correctly. (How much space do you have between the piston and the sear? It should only be 1/8 to 1/4 of an inch.)

ezcreation
07-30-2008, 09:45 AM
Thank you guys

Well after 2 hours spent I decided to simply redo the grinding job and now it fits perfectly, hits the sears at the bottom and rips

:)

sffudapparel
07-30-2008, 10:27 AM
can i join in on this thread? I have a couple questions of my own.

1. Is the msv2 supposed to leak out the little hole in the side when you pull the actuator?
2. Whats the word on oiling the parts? can i still drop oil in the asa?

gracias

Smoothice
07-30-2008, 11:02 AM
can i join in on this thread? I have a couple questions of my own.

1. Is the msv2 supposed to leak out the little hole in the side when you pull the actuator?
2. Whats the word on oiling the parts? can i still drop oil in the asa?

gracias

1. How much of a leak are we talking about?

2. Yes you can just put oil in the asa.

sffudapparel
07-30-2008, 12:12 PM
almost like full out leak. it shoots out pretty hard

rawbutter
07-31-2008, 09:34 AM
almost like full out leak. it shoots out pretty hard

Yeah.... that's actually normal. Mine even occassionally gets stuck and leaks slightly whenever it's gassed up. Then something magically happens and it stops. (Maybe I should oil it.... since I've never done that in the year that I've had my pneumag.)

I know that leaking seems like a huge issue, but it's not. It's just a fact of life with a pneumag. For me, I just had to learn to let go of the trigger when I'm done firing. With my classic, I would squeeze the trigger and hold it in until I was ready for my next shot. You just can't do taht with a pneumag. If you learn to shoot it the right way, the air loss is neglegible. I can still get almost 700 shots from my 68/4500, which is only slightly less (maybe 100-200 shots) than what I got before the pneumag job. When you're paying for all day air, it really isn't an issue.

sffudapparel
07-31-2008, 10:25 AM
When you're paying for all day air, it really isn't an issue.

Our field doesn't have all day air :( They also only fill tanks to 2500psi. I bought a scuba but that still is only ~2700 on a good fill.

Oh well. We'll see how air efficiency goes.

Loguzzzzzz
07-31-2008, 11:46 AM
It is completely normal for the MSV to vent air when activated.

It is possible that the sear is either bound up or not allowing the on/off top reset.

Make sure that all of the pneumatics are lubed. about 5 to 7 frops of oil in the asa should do it.

The first thing you need to do is to be sure that there is a tiny gap between the sear and the actuator piston. If there is no gap it is possible that the on/ff is not resetting. You will need to make sure there is a gap. If there is a gap, make sure that you can move the sear and fire the valve manually this way. This may indicate that the sear is binding. This is somewhat common if you are using a AM/MM sear and axle, since the axle can float in the rail a tiny bit.

Hope this helps.

Spider-TW
07-31-2008, 01:10 PM
...and if you can, it's best to check it with air on the valve (and a barrel sock on the barrel). That pulls the slack out of the pin and sear so you can see how it will actually fit.

Loguzzzzzz
07-31-2008, 02:18 PM
...and if you can, it's best to check it with air on the valve (and a barrel sock on the barrel). That pulls the slack out of the pin and sear so you can see how it will actually fit.
True, I forgot to mention that part. You will need to have air in the system to check teh gap and to fire the valve manually.

sffudapparel
07-31-2008, 03:24 PM
Yeah, I made sure to test it that way. My set up is all completed and does shoot (haven't tried paint yet, just air) but shoots fine. I was just wondering because I havent but the grips back on yet, and when i lay the gun on my lap and pull the trigger, air shoots out of the msv-2 out of the small hole on the side. Just wanted to see if there was a way to fix that or not.

Needless to say, once I get a rt on/off I'll probably enjoy my pneumag a whole lot more

Loguzzzzzz
07-31-2008, 03:34 PM
air shoots out of the msv-2 out of the small hole on the side. Just wanted to see if there was a way to fix that or not.
That is the vent and it is normal for that to happen

Spider-TW
07-31-2008, 04:45 PM
Needless to say, once I get a rt on/off I'll probably enjoy my pneumag a whole lot more
Is this a classic valve?

Do you have your trigger over-travel screw set very close? I ask because I loosened mine up while messing with something else and the venting seems considerably less now. I know the MSV is capable of putting enough pressure to the MPA-3 while venting, but I'm thinking that when it travels further it may seal up. Or am I just imagining things? I just need to flip that lever by hand to find out. :tard:

sffudapparel
07-31-2008, 09:01 PM
Is this a classic valve?

Do you have your trigger over-travel screw set very close? I ask because I loosened mine up while messing with something else and the venting seems considerably less now. I know the MSV is capable of putting enough pressure to the MPA-3 while venting, but I'm thinking that when it travels further it may seal up. Or am I just imagining things? I just need to flip that lever by hand to find out. :tard:

it's an x-valve. and actually while trying to tap my trigger for the set screw, my tap broke :eek: so i don't have a set screw haha.

My pneumag still shoots
http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m176/Cyberave68/LUKESINTELLIBRACKET15.jpg

it's that little hole on the right of the O in Fabco that leaks when I actuate the trigger.

afortuna
07-31-2008, 11:22 PM
it's an x-valve. and actually while trying to tap my trigger for the set screw, my tap broke :eek: so i don't have a set screw haha.

My pneumag still shoots

it's that little hole on the right of the O in Fabco that leaks when I actuate the trigger.

It is supposed to do that.

sffudapparel
08-01-2008, 08:01 AM
cool cool. just checking since i'm new to pneu :headbang:

cadams
09-05-2008, 02:42 PM

My pneumag still shoots

hey where did you get your small tubing for your trigger kit? I have some pale blue crap that came with the one I bought and it leaks like crazy. That black tubing looks much more robust .. is it just 1/8" macro?

rawbutter
09-08-2008, 07:46 PM
hey where did you get your small tubing for your trigger kit? I have some pale blue crap that came with the one I bought and it leaks like crazy. That black tubing looks much more robust .. is it just 1/8" macro?

cyberave sells that stuff for cheap ($1/foot if memory serves, and another $1 for shipping).