PDA

View Full Version : Got a new gun on the way ...

sffudapparel
07-30-2008, 05:31 PM
I traded on pbn and tomorrow he should be shipping my DM4. This is only the second electronic I've ever owned (with the first being an egripped A-5)

1. How are these guns? From what I've read they aren't bad at all and cost 1200 when they came out! (funny seeing as I how traded for no more than 1/4th of that)
2. What should I know about these guns? both play wise and maintenance wise?

I read a couple reviews on pbreview but I wanna see what people here think about it.

Enemy
07-31-2008, 11:28 AM
they arent very effiecent but you can help that if you go to pbn and follow the how to for the top hat mod, dont bother with the 530 mod as i dont see that actually doing anything at all.

as far as the price, this is what happens when a company makes a new version of a marker every year.

and for maintance, grease the bolt orings and some of the firing can orings before every day of play. If the marker has trouble cycling than it probably needs grease, its not a low maintance marker but as long as you keep everything greased you shouldnt eat through orings all that much.

pmstc
07-31-2008, 08:06 PM
DMs and PMs are great markers. The DM4 is going to be a bit big and fairly hefty for a matrix, but it will shoot like a dream if it has been taken care of. Go ahead and buy yourself an oring rebuild kit, an oring pick, and a bit of Dow 33 lube. That should be all you need. Get familiar with all of the orings on the guns so you can identify your leaks if you get them in the future. Usually lube will fix leaks pretty well :)

You don't HAVE to lube every day of play. There's no such thing as a matrix being too freshly lubed though, so if you have the patience then by all means it's great.

It's going to be quiet, have very little kick, and be FAST!

punkncat
07-31-2008, 09:25 PM
....FAST!

as every other electronic marker today... ;)

pmstc
07-31-2008, 11:25 PM
as every other electronic marker today... ;)
Right... but compared to the Egrip tippmann that he owned... I'd be willing to bet that he is more than satisfied with the speed of this gun :)

sffudapparel
08-01-2008, 07:32 AM
it also has a tadao board and a cp trigger.

hopefully this guy will ship it soon. If not I'm going to borrow the services of someone near Orlando for a little beatdown :D

sffudapparel
08-04-2008, 10:46 AM
would you take the dm4 or a superstock? I really like the look of the superstock but I'm horrible timing cockers. What's your take? (I don't play speedball a whole lot, but want to more)

crewbe
08-04-2008, 11:27 AM
I would take a DM over any cocker any day. they are the best performing markers i have ever owned, and i have owned a lot of different markers over the years. i would highly suggest checking out matrixowner.com for any questions you may have about them. it has great step by step maintenance guides and info.