PDA

View Full Version : agd general question

d-paint
07-31-2008, 07:50 AM
since i dont know much about agd history i wanted to ask you guys that sure know more than anyone..why did agd stop producing markers ? is it true? and if it is ...why?
and i would like to know what is the first marker to be out in the market?
and if there are neat thing to know about this awsome marker please tell me i would love to know..
sorry if im annoing i just want to lear all the things and what better place than here to ask ;)
thanks denise

even better will be if anyone knows the whole story about agd..or where i can find it..i would like to know how it started when and everything there is to know untill noe i used the search thing but dint find anything..even google..but nothing if u can help me thanks

warbeak2099
07-31-2008, 09:02 AM
AGD still makes markers and parts. They just stopped making the E-Mag and X-Mag because of expensive manufacturing and the overwhelming possibility of lawsuits from SP. Tom didn't want to take that chance.

They still make and sell the Tac-One and RT-ULE.

Ravenneon
07-31-2008, 09:16 AM
since i dont know much about agd history i wanted to ask you guys that sure know more than anyone..why did agd stop producing markers ? is it true? and if it is ...why?
and i would like to know what is the first marker to be out in the market?
and if there are neat thing to know about this awsome marker please tell me i would love to know..
sorry if im annoing i just want to lear all the things and what better place than here to ask ;)
thanks denise

even better will be if anyone knows the whole story about agd..or where i can find it..i would like to know how it started when and everything there is to know untill noe i used the search thing but dint find anything..even google..but nothing if u can help me thanks

As warbreak said they do still make markers and parts. their website would probably be a good start to find out more about them-- http://www.airgundesignsusa.com/index.html

Also, at the top of their site they have a link to their store where they sell their products. They have some great tech links too, to show how to do some mod to certain setups.

trevorjk
07-31-2008, 09:55 AM
http://www.airgundesignsusa.com/museum/

paint magnet
07-31-2008, 11:22 AM
AGD started out producing innovative accessories for the paintball industry around '87. They introduced the Sharpshooter sight and the 6-pack, a 12-gram quick changer responsible for the general acceptance of constant air systems in the sport.

The AutoMag was released in 1990 (?) and brought with it a host of new features, including the first integrated regulator, powerfeed (later on), and removable bore-drop barrel. It continues to be one of, if not the, most durable markers to date and the only 18-year old gun to which current production parts can be retrofitted.

AGD was also responsible for the introduction of compressed air into the paintball industry, as well as the first force-feed loader, the Warp Feed. In the mid 1990's, they released the AutoMag RT, which had an air-actuated reactive trigger. Later on, the EMag and XMag became the only electronic markers able to function in mechanical mode if the electronics fail.

Recently, AGD has downsized and continues to produce the RT Pro, a simplified version of the AutoMag RT which retains all its best features and compatability with most previously-manufactured markers.

Outside of paintball, Tom Kaye has engineered such products as pepperballs, a less-lethal crowd control alternitive projectile used by police forces nationwide.

d-paint
08-01-2008, 02:20 AM
AGD still makes markers and parts. They just stopped making the E-Mag and X-Mag because of expensive manufacturing and the overwhelming possibility of lawsuits from SP. Tom didn't want to take that chance.

They still make and sell the Tac-One and RT-ULE.

who is SP?

Thanna
08-01-2008, 03:33 AM
SP=SmartParts

....Wasn't the first 'Paint Marker' made by Nelson? Used to mark trees for the Forestry service? :)

or did you want to ask about the first AGD marker? :p

Thanna
08-01-2008, 03:38 AM
a less-lethal crowd control alternitive projectile used by police forces nationwide.

Is this it?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FN_303

questionful
08-01-2008, 01:41 PM
You could always learn a bit of AGD's beginning by watching these videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vehPc7vuK20&feature=PlayList&p=32C87684B26774F7&index=0&playnext=1

Heiliger Bimbam
08-03-2008, 01:55 PM
Another general question: I know, TK retired from paintball business. But is there someone at AGD still developing new goodies? lvl11, Y-Valve, X-Frame...maybe a less extravagantly and more economically x-mag?

questionful
08-03-2008, 04:21 PM
I don't think so. lol @ your product names though. :p

I think eventually, when they get the money and courage together, and they see a need, they will get an R&D team together and come out with something new. I give them 2-3 years. Anyone wanna make bets?

d-paint
08-04-2008, 02:56 AM
SP=SmartParts

....Wasn't the first 'Paint Marker' made by Nelson? Used to mark trees for the Forestry service? :)

or did you want to ask about the first AGD marker? :p

yup i know thw first marker was made to mark trees....i was asking about the first agd marker..

ThePixelGuru
08-04-2008, 01:57 PM
yup i know thw first marker was made to mark trees....i was asking about the first agd marker..
AGD's first marker was a blow-back called the Panther-1. They sold the design and later bought it back, but it never made it into production. They later developed the Panther-2, another blow-back that never made it to production. Then they developed the Panther-3, a blow-forward that made it into production as the classic Automag 68 we know today.

Have you seen the VHS that comes with AGD's markers? It's on Youtube here: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=32C87684B26774F7
Very cool, and totally worth checking out. History, tech stuff and a fantastic mustache. What more could you ask for? :D

d-paint
08-05-2008, 01:27 AM
AGD's first marker was a blow-back called the Panther-1. They sold the design and later bought it back, but it never made it into production. They later developed the Panther-2, another blow-back that never made it to production. Then they developed the Panther-3, a blow-forward that made it into production as the classic Automag 68 we know today.

Have you seen the VHS that comes with AGD's markers? It's on Youtube here: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=32C87684B26774F7
Very cool, and totally worth checking out. History, tech stuff and a fantastic mustache. What more could you ask for? :D

woa thanks :D very nice i'll watch them as soon as i get home(im at work now)
thanks for all the help

ProblemKinder
08-05-2008, 10:42 AM
who is SP?

the devil

d-paint
08-06-2008, 12:04 PM
the devil
:D :D :D :D :D :D
but why sp..(the devil) wanted to go trough legal sutff like lawsuits with agd?

trevorjk
08-06-2008, 12:16 PM
:D :D :D :D :D :D
but why sp..(the devil) wanted to go trough legal sutff like lawsuits with agd?

because AGD was producing at the time an electronic paintball marker that was superior to what SP had at the time. and through under handed tactics (sleazy, immoral) smart parts patented electronics and many various other products so they can take control of the industry. and with the patents in hand, they wanted royalties from other companies. and it was either stop making or pay up.

although AGD never got a letter (from my knowledge) AGD quick making the E-Frames because of possible legality actions.

Don Carnage
08-06-2008, 12:37 PM
Another general question: I know, TK retired from paintball business. But is there someone at AGD still developing new goodies? lvl11, Y-Valve, X-Frame...maybe a less extravagantly and more economically x-mag?

Personally I like to imagine the next AGD valve being called the Omega Valve (Since Omega is the end and I'm sure an upgraded X-Valve would be the final evolution that a valve is ever capable of)

And to keep beating that dead horse... I'm still waiting for AGD to produce the ULE Minimag body.

d-paint
08-07-2008, 06:02 AM
because AGD was producing at the time an electronic paintball marker that was superior to what SP had at the time. and through under handed tactics (sleazy, immoral) smart parts patented electronics and many various other products so they can take control of the industry. and with the patents in hand, they wanted royalties from other companies. and it was either stop making or pay up.

although AGD never got a letter (from my knowledge) AGD quick making the E-Frames because of possible legality actions.

oh---so sp is really the devil
that really nasty..i mean what sp did :nono: