PDA

View Full Version : Shootdown problems with the Mini

t0nnn
07-31-2008, 12:44 PM
The Mini finally took a dump after 8 months of no problems. I'm getting terrible drop off when the velocity is turned up. When it's all the way down the drop off almost stops.

It started with a bad barrel leak, took it apart everything looked fine, cleaned and re lubed real quick and the leak stopped for a game and started again. Second time I took it apart the main oring on the bolt popped right off, but I put it back on and had the same leak and drop off issues.

I decided to replace that oring yesterday, but still getting the drop off. It will read 190ish on the gauge (what I have it set to), and drop to about 100-120 when I shoot.

I tried re-setting the poppit with no luck. and tried re-setting the noid ...still no luck

I'm not getting a leak anymore, but the drop-off is still there. Also changed the bolt and bolt guide or-rings, still having the same problem.

Pretty much narrowed it down to bad noid(even though it's still clicking), bad reg, or bad tank reg.

I don't think it's my tank regs...I'm running a brand new Myth 4500, or a centerflag 4500.

Just looking for some opinions before I drop it off to KEE

temps
07-31-2008, 02:11 PM
The fact that the pressure is dropping so much makes me think its a reg problem. But its best to start at the beginning..

1) Is your tank screwed in all the way.
2) Change the battery to a fresh brand new battery.
3) Check that the spring is on the right way.

Also post this question on the invert mini sub forum on pbn.. the regulars in that forum are very good at troubleshooting problems.

Good luck.

manike
07-31-2008, 03:51 PM
Definitely check the battery first, and second that the tank is screwed in all the way into the ASA.

BigEvil
07-31-2008, 04:26 PM
Definitely check the battery first, and second that the tank is screwed in all the way into the ASA.

I can attest to both being ok. He has tried different batteries and tanks with no luck.

Seeing how so many of our guys are running minis I guess its time for me to get my hands on one to see how it ticks.

t0nnn
07-31-2008, 06:22 PM
yeah like Bigevil said, fresh battery, re-set my settings, spring is in right, and I screw my tanks in all the way everytime....i'm stumped