PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a riding mower

bornl33t
07-31-2008, 05:39 PM
I was wondering what people have had luck with. Around 3000$ used is fine, I got roughly an acre of semi flat land with a ditch. It's gotta be a zero turn though. I've been watching for a grasshopper, but they seem to have dried up.....around here.

sffudapparel
07-31-2008, 09:03 PM
dang. what about a traditional riding mower (no zero turn) ??

Well check craigslist. We have the traditional riding mowers around here for a couple hundred bucks..

billybob_81067
07-31-2008, 10:32 PM
I've got a Cub Cadet 42"RZT (I think it's a 42 anyway). We bought it brand new last year and I really like it... sure beats the hell out of the push mower that I was attempting to mow our yard with! The zero turn radius is awesome for getting in pretty close to the corners, edges, and fences. It gets close enough that I only need to trim it a bit with my weedeater to finish an edge.

How many obstacles do you have to mow around, or is it a pretty open area?

bornl33t
08-03-2008, 05:32 PM
so what motor is better... I'm pretty sure we all agree that kubota is the best gas and diesel. What about Kohler, Briggs and Kawazaki? I've got lots of friends with kohlers and lots of them are 2nd is their mower.....

AGDlover
08-04-2008, 12:13 AM
I work at a lawn mower shop so heres my 2cents. If you dont have too much land but tree's, bushes are abundent then a Zero Turn would be your best bet. I recomend looking into a Toro or Dixion for a zero turn. John Deere and troy built and craftsman be aware they're garbarge. As for engines. Briggs and Kohler are my big 2 followed by techumseh(sp?). But deff look into toro and dixion. Best 2 zero turns i've ridden and used.

punkncat
08-04-2008, 05:34 AM
I am a Briggs fan, but the Honda "red" series motors are really nice. Now I don't know of any mowers that actually come with them, but I have several pieces of industrial equipment with them and bulletproof is the functional word.

Might look into a Snapper... I live in McDonough so you would be supporting a hometown industry.

billybob_81067
08-04-2008, 07:28 AM
Mine's got the 19hp Kohler on it... only has 50 Hours on it though so I can't say a whole lot about longevity yet. (and some of those hours are from when my kids left the damn key on! :mad: )

skife
08-04-2008, 11:11 AM
anything i've ever owned with a honda motor has ALWAYS provided years of great service.

powerwasher
lawnmower

1979 honda 50r minibike

generator

honda motors are great.