PDA

View Full Version : Can somebody cut down Tac-One bodies?

boroballer
08-01-2008, 09:52 PM
Hey guys, some of you may remember the mini-tac bodies, theres a thread kicking around here somewhere with some pics, but basically it's a Tac One body with some of the back cut off (the part that covers the X) and maybe some off of the front.

Only a few were made, but it doesn't look like it'd be too tough to turn regular Tac bodies into mini-tacs. Does anybody have the ability/knowledge/machinery to offer this service to AO? I know I'd pay a few bucks to have a tac body modified a little bit :cool:

questionful
08-01-2008, 09:58 PM
Anybody with a mill can do it for you. Heck, you could do it yourself with a hacksaw and a file.

You'll just have to get it re-anno'd afterwards, do you mean to ask who cuts and re-annos it at the same shop to save on shipping?

kruger
08-01-2008, 10:14 PM
Try Luke. He sorta knows his way around a file and a hack saw.

maniacmechanic
08-02-2008, 05:50 PM
Anybody with a mill can do it for you. Heck, you could do it yourself with a hacksaw and a file.

You'll just have to get it re-anno'd afterwards, do you mean to ask who cuts and re-annos it at the same shop to save on shipping?

file & hacksaw :eek: :mad: :eek: :mad:

ThePixelGuru
08-02-2008, 10:54 PM
file & hacksaw :eek: :mad: :eek: :mad:
It's cutting the front and back off a body - hardly rocket science. So long as you have a steady hand and cut a little less than you want so you can file the rest of the way slowly, there's no reason you can't do it that way. A CNC or the like for two straight cuts would just be overkill.

DevilMan
08-02-2008, 10:57 PM
I agree that a CNC would be overkill for that... BUT!!!! A bandsaw would work very well!!!!

So taking it to a machine shop with the wants SPECIFICALLY spelled out and marked.. Like put masking tape around it and mark it where you want it cut would be simple and should be cheap.

Good luck and post up before and after pics!!!

DM

flyingpootang
08-03-2008, 02:43 AM
Try Luke. He sorta knows his way around a file and a hack saw.
Best file and hack saw job I've ever seen ;) ...
http://img2.putfile.com/thumb/4/10513453881.jpg (http://www.putfile.com/pic/7990561)

tech-chan
08-03-2008, 07:55 AM
I could certainly do it. Put marks where you want it cut down and I'll send it back to you after Im done. I've made my own ule bodies, so this should be no problem.

luke
08-03-2008, 08:19 AM
I machined a few down. (no hachsaws or files :) )

tech-chan
08-03-2008, 08:43 AM
I've also seen Luke's stuff, he does a great job.