PDA

View Full Version : RT ULE vs Tac-One :: weight

Nefarial
08-02-2008, 02:00 PM
First of all, hi. I'm new to the forum and have kind of a small question, but I'm planning on buying either a RT ULE or a Tac-One depending on the weight difference and would like to know how much more the Tac-One body weighs than the ULE. Even though it may seem like a minor question, it'll be the deciding factor (obviously?) on this decision. Thanks for reading and the possible answer.

trevorjk
08-02-2008, 02:18 PM
http://store.airgundesignsusa.com/images/product/368.jpg

with macro fittings and macro line instead of the SS hose. and no barrel

= 2 pounds 2 ounces. just weighed it on the digi scale here at work

maniacmechanic
08-02-2008, 05:46 PM
really the only difference is the weight of the body , the Tac is longer ( it covers the valve ) & it has the rails made into it without weighing it ; probley 1.5 oz.
Are you planning on using the rails or do you just like the look ??
and if your really worried about weight , you can ULE the rail & lose a little over 3 oz. ( a E Mag length rail weighs 7.6 oz stock )

Nefarial
08-03-2008, 02:19 AM
really the only difference is the weight of the body , the Tac is longer ( it covers the valve ) & it has the rails made into it without weighing it ; probley 1.5 oz.
Are you planning on using the rails or do you just like the look ??
and if your really worried about weight , you can ULE the rail & lose a little over 3 oz. ( a E Mag length rail weighs 7.6 oz stock )
I just like the look of it, which is why I'm wondering on the weight. I'm not into milling stuff myself or anything, but it looks as if I'll just go with the RT ULE as I dont want to spend $50 just to get some looks that I really don't need. I don't mind the look of the RT ULE body anyways, nice and simple. Thanks for those who posted in here. :)

P.S - I currently have an A5 decked out with useless stuff to look like an Ak47, and it weighs at least 8+ pounds... :mad: (regret)

Mime
08-04-2008, 09:16 PM
hey buddie. sorry no information on the wieght.
It says your in ontario though
Are yea GTA or london. Sudbury.

or are you moosejaw lol.
Im in the GTA, more specifically Whitby right now.

and about your stupid heavy marker,
I have a 98 with a big stock and a M82A1 shroud. the thing is like 6-7 pounds without hopper or tank.. man its to heavy. lol