PDA

View Full Version : Egomag problem

drewkroeker
08-02-2008, 03:58 PM
I have recently purchased an egomag and have some issues with it. When I air it up, I can hear a small leak from inside the grip frame. I have taken the grips off to get a better idea of where the leak is coming from and I am certain it is not the x-valve, so it must be somewhere in the solenoid assembly. When I pull the trigger, the gun fires once and then takes about a second for the solenoid to reset itself. If I pull the trigger before this the solenoid makes a clicking sound but that's it. Do I just need to increase the pressure going to the solenoid? Will doing this make the leak worse? I bought this gun from someone on AO who knows what they're doing when it comes to mags, and I am sure it just needs a little tuning to get up and running.

One thought I had: if the x-valve hasn't been oiled recently, could this be slowing the operation of the on-off pin? I will oil the valve and try it on another mag just to make sure that's not the problem.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Drew

olinar
08-02-2008, 04:08 PM
Try adjusting the lpr a bit.

First, release all pressure from the lpr.
When all pressure is off, start turning it up again while firing. Be sure there is air going to the valve as well, pressure differentiates from firing the valve with the noid and just firing the noid.

When the Solenoid starts to trip the sear and fire the valve, give the lpr about another half turn up and it should be fine. if it continues to leak, Just make sure to add a drop or two in the asa before screwing the tank in. This will lube both the valve and the pneumatics very quickly.

Nicholai
09-29-2008, 07:20 PM
I had some small leaks coming from the barb fittings not being screwed in enough on the noid. I would open up the frame and air it up and try tightening up the barb fittings a little and see if the noise is affected.

I would avoid putting the valve on another mag, the way I have my on/off set it would never work in a mech mag.