PDA

View Full Version : Newbie questions??

ramsfan485
01-23-2002, 10:29 AM
I've got an old F2 Illustrator and I'm looking to get a better gun and an Automag seems like a very versitle upgradeable gun. I realize you need to get a new barrel, a 12v revvy, and to make sure you run it on nitro. Also I heard to get the powerfeed due to balls chopping with the standard. This maybe a stupid question, but can you get a remote for nitro, I've never seen one, but I didn't know if it was possible? Thanks for any help and please let me know if I am missing anything.

[NA]WARLORD
01-23-2002, 10:36 AM
Yes you can, but make sure its a quality remote, rated for use with H.P.A.

skipdogg
01-23-2002, 10:41 AM
Yes, you can get a remote for Nitro. Nearly any remote system works. Remotes are not really specific to Co2 or Nitro. I think this was the only question you had. Im not sure what other info you would like. A powerfeed is nice, but not required. It depends if your a heavy shooter. Also the revi is a great idea. One other thing, an AIR valve mag CAN run on co2. if your running a remote, Co2 will work fine. You stated a mag needs to run in Nitro, and that is false.

ramsfan485
01-23-2002, 10:44 AM
Thanks for the info, can anyone recommend a good barrel?

virus
01-23-2002, 12:10 PM
hmm... barrels.... it basicly runs down towhat you yourself like and of course there is that money thing

i know my self and others swear by the jnj ceramics.... not the best lookin barrel but it serves it purpose..... the trend now these ays is of course to have either: multiple barrels of different bore sizes and or a kit like the freak.....

best way to judge your needs is to look and where you play and the paint that is availible.......

ie if you only play at one field tat only carries 1 type of paint... then look into barrels that will match up with that paint....
on the other hand if you travel to different fields all the time and are unsure what the use or goto a field with the everchanging brands of paint then look into a couple of different barrels with different bores or get one of the barrel kits with the inserts......

myself i like the 1 pc barrels andi know most of the fields i goto always have some med bore paint so most of my markers have 3 barrels.... of course this takes into account different bores and weather or not i am plain indoor of out...... but barrel length is another moster all 2gether *8)

ramsfan485
01-23-2002, 12:43 PM
Thanks for all the great info...last question...is there some universal chart that shows major manufacturer's bore sizes as well as paintball sizes and if you get a good paintball/barrel combination can't you just bring the same paint whereever you play at or do ball sizes vary from case to case? And I lied one more question what is the purpose of these customized bolts and what makes one better than another? Thanks again for all your help.