PDA

View Full Version : emag woes AGAIN!

dark blade
08-03-2008, 08:49 PM
ok it seems as though emags are starting to hate me because every little thing that could happen HAS happened.

I just placed an order for a set of dark seoul grips and installed them... after doing so the solenoid will not actuate on the mag when the safety is in (well it does but its not nearly as loud)

When i replaced the grips back to the stock ones it still did not work.

any ideas?

please help me

Ruler_Mark
08-03-2008, 11:52 PM
remove the screw on the noid holder

athomas
08-04-2008, 10:25 AM
Were you using air? Without air, the solenoid won't reset after an activation. Each shot fired after the first, won't be near as loud.

dark blade
08-04-2008, 03:37 PM
yes i took the screw out... and i was not using air... however... it use to be quite loud so now i am confused as to what happened.

dark blade
08-04-2008, 06:55 PM
gassed it up today and went out to fire... it worked almost flawlessly

there was no problem with the solenoid keeping up with the valve or the high rof. I threw the mag onto 20bps burst and it held fine however, the accuracy was terrible

Even on single shot the accuracy was just plain terrible. It could have been a combination of a few things.

1.) incorrect bore sizing
2.) old paint
3.) no foamie? possibly? maybe not?
4.) incorrectly tuned valve, bolt, spring combo?

someone please fill me in here. I am the knowledge bucket and learn quickly so lets figure out these answers.

from what i know i am to guess that it was a combination of the bad paint mixing with a bad bore match (due to inconsistant paint size) and a tad to do with the fact that there is no foamie which creates rollback.

however... i ould be completely wrong here, someone help me out please!

athomas
08-04-2008, 07:39 PM
Inconsistent or out of round balls are usually the biggest contributors to inaccuracy.

1 and 2 go hand in hand. If the paint is out of round, you can't make it fit any particular size barrel. Old paint, if not stored properly is usually out of round.

3 usually doesn't affect anything.

4 usually doesn't have an affect unless the valve barely fires the ball on the odd occasion. In those circumstances, or if there is bolt stick that causes a short stroke situation, then there can be drop off induced but generally not inaccuracies other than drop off.

dark blade
08-04-2008, 08:17 PM
thanks for the info... my friend was experiencing some problems with his pmr and lucky 15 barrel but my freak and automag were not agreeing with each other today.

I will hopefully get to test it out better in the next week or so and will let everyone know how it goes.