PDA

View Full Version : RT Classic won't fire.

Dark Ranger
08-04-2008, 08:08 AM
I just put new o-rings in my RT Classic (it was leaking intermittently) and now when I air it up it does not set the trigger. The trigger stays back like it has been pulled. It would not be out of the question that I could have put something in wrong. Any ideas of what or if I may have a new problem now with the new o-rings?

athomas
08-04-2008, 10:23 AM
Sounds like a bolt stick issue. If it is level 7, then possibly you have the powertube oring in front of the spacer. If not, then perhaps the powertube oring is not allowing the bolt to sit back far enough. If this is the case, then you need a longer powertube spacer.

If the valve has a level 10 bolt, then you may have bolt stick due to an oring that is too tight. If so, then use a larger carrier size on the same white carrier oring.

Dark Ranger
08-04-2008, 11:01 AM
If the valve has a level 10 bolt, then you may have bolt stick due to an oring that is too tight. If so, then use a larger carrier size on the same white carrier oring.

Thanks for your reply. My RT does have the level 10 bolt. You wouldn't happen to have a diagram of the o-ring you think may be sticking do you? I don't have much experience inside my mag yet so knowing where to go would be helpful.

athomas
08-04-2008, 06:22 PM
Its the white one inside the carrier. The bolt stem sticks if this oring is too tight. The carriers have different inside diameters to allow the inside diameter of the oring to be squeezed to different sizes. If the carrier you are using now is too tight, go to a larger carrier size. Use the largest one that doesn't leak. Always test this without any shims installed to make sure any leaks aren't caused by too many shims.

Coralis
08-04-2008, 07:26 PM
Level 10 installation video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0mvr30jKhw

Dark Ranger
08-05-2008, 05:54 AM
Thanks guys. I won't have time to dig into it until the weekend but I am confident that with all your help I should be able to get it going. Where would I find different carriers if I need one?

Dark Ranger
08-08-2008, 10:42 AM
I just wanted to let you guys know I pulled it apart and found that I had put my shims on the wrong side of the carrier. Doh! It fires now.