PDA

View Full Version : cyborg questions

rednosepit79
08-04-2008, 04:49 PM
i dont have a manual, and cant seem to figure out whats going on with this 06 cyborg. i cant change modes as per macdevs site and cant turn off the eyes to do a dry fire. any help at all would be appreciated. thanx

maniacmechanic
08-04-2008, 04:55 PM
allready :rolleyes: , pm behemoth I think he has had quite a few

going_home
08-04-2008, 05:12 PM
MacDev - USA

North and South American Headquarters

13200 NW 43 Avenue
Miami, Florida
USA 33054
Ph: +1 305 681 4385
Fx: +1 305 953 3843
Mail: info@macdevusa.com

What board is in it ?
Theres several versions on the PDF file section.

BigEvil
08-04-2008, 05:21 PM
i dont have a manual, and cant seem to figure out whats going on with this 06 cyborg. i cant change modes as per macdevs site and cant turn off the eyes to do a dry fire. any help at all would be appreciated. thanx

You may have the 07 board. Either way, you should just be able to hold the trigger back for a few seconds to turn the eyes off.

Well, let me ask you, is the LED that lights up multi colored, or is it just white?

rednosepit79
08-04-2008, 05:39 PM
not sure what board, but when i hold the trigger down it flashes red , but still wont dry fire. the led is multi colored.

You may have the 07 board. Either way, you should just be able to hold the trigger back for a few seconds to turn the eyes off.

Well, let me ask you, is the LED that lights up multi colored, or is it just white?

going_home
08-04-2008, 05:58 PM
not sure what board, but when i hold the trigger down it flashes red , but still wont dry fire. the led is multi colored.

I had an 05 that had a Tadao board in it. Its LED lighting was multi colored.
Did you open the grip panel and look for markings on the board ?

rednosepit79
08-04-2008, 06:12 PM
its an macdev board , it has a set of dip switches next to where the battery restsit airs up fine w/ no leaks. if that helps at all

I had an 05 that had a Tadao board in it. Its LED lighting was multi colored.
Did you open the grip panel and look for markings on the board ?

rednosepit79
08-04-2008, 06:18 PM
lol yeah man, its my luck i guess.thanks for the adv. ill pm him right away.

allready :rolleyes: , pm behemoth I think he has had quite a few

going_home
08-04-2008, 07:10 PM
I hate to send you to kindergarten but there is a large presence there, maybe you can get some help there ?

http://www.pbnation.com/forumdisplay.php?f=274

:eek:

rednosepit79
08-04-2008, 07:15 PM
lol, was kinda avoiding there but ill take a look any way. thank you very much for your help.
hopefully i can get this straightened out. :cheers:

I hate to send you to kindergarten but there is a large presence there, maybe you can get some help there ?

:eek:

trevorjk
08-04-2008, 11:25 PM
if i remember correctly the 2 dipswitches are for tourny lock. not sure how you want them set, but it sounds like you have tourny lock on

Oregon_pb_
08-05-2008, 03:35 AM
1) replace battery?

general fyi
turn it on, should be red led, slide the bolt forward should go green indicating eyes detect paint.

hold the trigger down and turn the gun on, should be blue indicating board option selection mode.

If you turn the gun on and have the bolt back, the red light will flash white one time when you press teh trigger, indicating sensing trigger pull but eyes did not detect paint.

If you aren't getting any clicking when holding the trigger down while LED is red, its could be your board/solenoid wire is loose or the solenoid is bad?

post details and I can recreate on my 06 and maybe help you out?

rednosepit79
08-05-2008, 03:49 AM
aleady changed batt. eyes r good, but not getting the clicking sound ur refering too. the wire is seated , the only clicking is from the trigger switch. should i change wire to solenoid or get a whole new noid? thanks -dennis

1) replace battery?

general fyi
turn it on, should be red led, slide the bolt forward should go green indicating eyes detect paint.

hold the trigger down and turn the gun on, should be blue indicating board option selection mode.

If you turn the gun on and have the bolt back, the red light will flash white one time when you press teh trigger, indicating sensing trigger pull but eyes did not detect paint.

If you aren't getting any clicking when holding the trigger down while LED is red, its could be your board/solenoid wire is loose or the solenoid is bad?

post details and I can recreate on my 06 and maybe help you out?

BigEvil
08-05-2008, 07:24 AM
Get a wiring diagram for that board and make sure that everything is plugged into where it belongs. All of those connectors are the same and its easy to make a mistake.

Here are some links that may or may not help

http://members.iinet.net.au/~chdw/borgfocus/index.html

Steelrat
08-05-2008, 07:35 AM
Just so everyone knows, this was my cyborg I sent to him. I tested it before I sent it, so I'm not sure what happened.

Here's what I'd suggest:

-Try it with air and paint
-Post this on the macdev forum
-Make sure it's not in tourney mode
-Check the activation screw in the trigger, as well as the rear-travel screw

One way or the other, we'll get this resolved, even if I have to buy a replacement part for him. I'm 99% sure, however, that something just needs to be adjusted.

One last question. Do the eyes light up when the marker is turned on?

rednosepit79
08-05-2008, 02:38 PM
thanks for your concerne. it means a lot. i tried it with air, and the eyes light up . but it still wont cycle. the set screws seem to be fine niether is stopping the gram switch from clicking. how can i tell if it is tourney lock? also can u give me a reference to the macdev forum? all wires r fully seated in the board and the solenoid, none apear to have any slop or play in them either. thanks

Just so everyone knows, this was my cyborg I sent to him. I tested it before I sent it, so I'm not sure what happened.

Here's what I'd suggest:

-Try it with air and paint
-Post this on the macdev forum
-Make sure it's not in tourney mode
-Check the activation screw in the trigger, as well as the rear-travel screw

One way or the other, we'll get this resolved, even if I have to buy a replacement part for him. I'm 99% sure, however, that something just needs to be adjusted.

One last question. Do the eyes light up when the marker is turned on?

Oregon_pb_
08-05-2008, 03:58 PM
thanks for your concerne. it means a lot. i tried it with air, and the eyes light up . but it still wont cycle. the set screws seem to be fine niether is stopping the gram switch from clicking. how can i tell if it is tourney lock? also can u give me a reference to the macdev forum? all wires r fully seated in the board and the solenoid, none apear to have any slop or play in them either. thanks

Could you detail out the exact things your seeing with the gun?

#1 What color is the LED when gun turns on?

#2 What happens when you pull the trigger?

#3 What settings are the two dip switches on?

#4 When you slide the bolt forward, what happens with the LED? What color?

Anything else. You say its not firing but your not giving exact info so we can help. Cyborgs are rock solid, typically shipment won't hurt them, this case seems like an oddball. :confused:

rednosepit79
08-05-2008, 06:40 PM
when the marker is turned on it is a constant red led, when the ball is chambered it turns green. macdev says to hold the trigg. for a few and it will flash green. when i try that it only flashes red. when i pull the trigger it flashes white and then turns back to red. the dip switches r in position 1&2 when i slide the bolt forward it turns green.

Could you detail out the exact things your seeing with the gun?

#1 What color is the LED when gun turns on?

#2 What happens when you pull the trigger?

#3 What settings are the two dip switches on?

#4 When you slide the bolt forward, what happens with the LED? What color?

Anything else. You say its not firing but your not giving exact info so we can help. Cyborgs are rock solid, typically shipment won't hurt them, this case seems like an oddball. :confused:

Steelrat
08-05-2008, 09:02 PM

That's the macdev forum on PBN. You'll have to expect a certain level of behavior over there, but people will help you.

This is really wierding me out. Did you make sure the solenoid was plugged into the board correctly?

Steelrat
08-06-2008, 05:55 AM
He got it working. Was probably a loose wire or bad battery.

behemoth
08-06-2008, 11:59 AM
I love how everyone bashes the MD Section on PBN.

We'd have the question answered in two posts, and then it turns into an OffTopic thread :D

I PM'd him as best as i could, hopefully he got it working right.

rednosepit79
08-06-2008, 03:00 PM
thank you every one for your help, went through everything for a third time last night and it started working. now i just need to set the firing mode and chrono . (:D :headbang: :dance: for everyone)

He got it working. Was probably a loose wire or bad battery.

BigEvil
08-06-2008, 03:52 PM
thank you every one for your help, went through everything for a third time last night and it started working. now i just need to set the firing mode and chrono . (:D :headbang: :dance: for everyone)

Awesome. You are going to really enjoy that gun. I love mine.

Steelrat
08-06-2008, 03:56 PM
I love how everyone bashes the MD Section on PBN.

Juvenile behavior there. Not as bad as some places on PBN, but it's still there.

behemoth
08-06-2008, 04:36 PM
Juvenile behavior there. Not as bad as some places on PBN, but it's still there.

Its there, and as you said, not as bad as some places, but then again, i'm used to the oldschool AO as much as you are. AO's declined, and now PBN dont look so bad...

:)

Atleast its a source of information outside the realm of "zomg how do i fix my level ten?!"!

:D