PDA

View Full Version : What kind of batteries do you use?

Hilltop Customs
08-04-2008, 06:41 PM
well after playing over the weekend and having to replace ~$15 in batteries....I'm just wondering what you guys use? rechargeable 9 volts for markers? rechargeable packs for halos or rechargeable AA's in the battery holder? or do you just stick with the good old duracells or energizers?

anyone know good deals on rechargeable 9 volts? using the standard rechargable AA's for halos? I have a few of them laying around so I'm going to try them, rather not spend much if possible.

tech-chan
08-04-2008, 06:44 PM
I don't use batteries.

I use freeze dried Tom Kaye turds shaped like 9v's that hold a charge for 3 million years and still have a kick to em.

Hilltop Customs
08-04-2008, 06:47 PM
:eek: where can i get me some of those?

ThePixelGuru
08-04-2008, 07:05 PM
Batteries? What sort of witchcraft is this?

Honestly, I only have one piece of equipment that needs batteries these days, and with the amount I use my Revvy and how slowly it goes through batteries I don't bother with anything other than cheapo 9v ones. I use either my Qloader or pocket hoppers most of the time now.

I've been looking for a charger that can do everything from AAA-D and 9v, though. It'd be nice to never have to buy batteries again. Anyone have any suggestions?

Hilltop Customs
08-04-2008, 07:46 PM
now that you mention it I would love some rechargeable AAA's for my home theater remote....I have to mention its a harmony, I love this thing...I'm addicted to adding functions to it.

Warwitch
08-04-2008, 07:55 PM
I always use Duracells if I can help it. They have always given me the most consistent results. Never been a fan of rechargeables.

punkncat
08-04-2008, 08:36 PM
Lithiums for anything I can. They are light and last forever. They cost a bit much up front, but it is worth it in the long run.

tech-chan
08-04-2008, 09:12 PM
:eek: where can i get me some of those?

First, you drill a hole in the back of his company toilet.
Second, you hold your hand out and catch.
Third, you lick to make sure it's his.

If it tastes like innovation, it's Tom Kayes.

pk5
08-04-2008, 09:31 PM
You can get lithium rechargable battery, but be warn, while those hold a lot of charge, they are expensive to get.

Second alternative it so get a regular ni-cad rechargable, any of them will work.

Third option is to get industrial grade, 9v, aaa, or aa. Those work great, decent price, and hold a lot of charge. They are only sold online or through specialize electrical store. But they are great for the price, and last a long time.

If you get non-rechargable lithium ion 9v though, make sure your gun can take the voltage that the battery give out. Lihium ion 9v, at least the super high output will not work on my freestyle and kinda freeze the board ( regular 9v and industrial 9v work just fine)

Mikey B
08-04-2008, 09:50 PM
I have used the Bone by Dueydog on these forums for a few years now. Worked great with my Halo and with my Magna. Lasts all day and is recharge able. As for markers, Energizer rechargeable work well.

drg
08-04-2008, 10:04 PM
I use NiMH 9vs in my guns and duracells in my loaders (9v and AAA).

FiXeL
08-05-2008, 09:16 AM
I started with a mech marker and within the year i had a few electronic guns and loaders, and about 70 bucks worth of empty batteries. Duracells are great, but not cheap so i went rechargable all the way. I have 4 9V Ni-Mh rechargables that i use for my X7 or revvies, 1 8xAAA NiMh pack for my halo, and a code 242 lithium rechargable pack for my Reloader.

The only batteries that i buy are the ones for my red dot sights. Rechargable might cost alot to start with, but after 2 years it has been well worth it. :D

Hilltop Customs
08-05-2008, 01:39 PM
while I would love to pick up a Bone or 2 for my halo's....there is no way I can justify dumping over $100 on a couple packs...especially when I dont really give a crap about a few ounces of weight.

FiXeL Ive never heard of using an 8 AAA pack in a halo.....how is that working for you? I tried to google the code 242 pack, but the only site I found was code242.com and it doesnt work....any more info on it?

For now I'm going to pick up a few 9V Ni-Mh's for markers and rev's, and try out some of the cheap AA Ni-Mh's in the halo's., if they dont work I can always use them in my calculator and wireless keyboards/mice. If I can get around 2 cases per charge I will be happy. Anyone ever try the cheap 9V Ni-Mh's on ebay? Its hard to beat 8 AA's, 8 AAA's. 2 9 volts and a charger for less than $30 if they are not complete garbage.

Pneumagger
08-05-2008, 03:53 PM
well after playing over the weekend and having to replace ~$15 in batteries.... I'm just wondering what you guys use? rechargeable 9 volts for markers? rechargeable packs for halos or rechargeable AA's in the battery holder? or do you just stick with the good old duracells or energizers?

anyone know good deals on rechargeable 9 volts? using the standard rechargable AA's for halos? I have a few of them laying around so I'm going to try them, rather not spend much if possible.

For the Loader (I got a source to get them free):

http://www.batterycompany.co.uk/images/library/procellpp3.jpg http://www.batterycompany.co.uk/images/library/procellpp3.jpg

For the Marker:

http://cdn-www.pbreview.com/pics/1095968131.jpg

StygShore
08-05-2008, 04:52 PM
Pro-Cells - there are none better.

I killed 6 rechargeable 9 volts at a pretty heft cost. I can buy a 72 pack of pro-cells and they last me 3-4 seasons for the cost of a decent set of rechargeables.

I had a set of rechargeabes short out and melt in my grear bag - I refuse to use them in my equipment anymore after that.

http://a293.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/19/l_cba68c4aa0d2e3a4195a46da9503ae3c.jpg

Styg

robnix
08-05-2008, 05:11 PM
I like how the banner ad is for allbatteries.com becuase of the thread title.

Hilltop Customs
08-05-2008, 07:23 PM
Pneumagger I actually just ran out of those ProCells, I bought them in bulk a few years ago.....they worked great, but I'm just tired of using/throwing out all these batteries. As for the LPR, i use one on my EP mag, but I still need a 9 volt to power the board and noid :cool:

StygShore wow, did something short across the terminals or was that and internal short? I used to race remote control cars and literally had sets of cells overheat and explode when charging....even had it happen once when using a cool tube for charging. Its scary when you go to move a pack and see it deform and the solder joints pull apart just by attempting to pick it up....then you hear the cells start to pop open :eek:

robnix haha I noticed that right after I created the thread....I think that was the first time I've ever actually clicked on that top banner add.

has anyone else had experience with using 8 AAA's in a halo? I had never heard of that until FiXeL mentioned it.

GoatBoy
08-05-2008, 09:22 PM
Best strategy is to not need batteries in the first place.

Rechargeable lithiums are not that expensive, and they're pretty light. However, they don't last forever, and their effective lifetime is a function of cycles, storage voltage, storage temperature, and time.

For the way most of you will be using these batteries, the new hybrid NiMH's are the way to go, and they're not particularly expensive. You guys spend more on paint and other garbage than you will on rechargeable batteries if you're just smart about it.

There's really no reason to use disposables anymore, except maybe for the purpose of keeping as a spare set to loan to someone else (who won't return them).

Hilltop Customs
08-11-2008, 01:04 PM
well I tried some cheap old "RechargAcell" Ni-MH AA batteries I had laying around, they run the halo seemingly fine....run time is questionable though, I'll find that out this weekend.

GoatBoy - ive been considering making a pneumatic ram opperated halo catch cup for a very different pneumatic marker I'm working on, but I still need batteries for everything else.

insixdays777
08-11-2008, 01:08 PM
BUY THE BONE PACK! It is awesome... :cheers: .

Hilltop Customs
08-11-2008, 01:10 PM
id have to sell a marker to buy it.....ive been trying to sell some truck parts(digital read out for airbag suspensions), but people keep backing out on me :mad:

KrazyJ
08-11-2008, 08:01 PM
I really thought about going the recharge way but after 6 months of play and only having to change my 3 9v batteries once it seems kinda pointless. Maybe its just how I play or the fact its a Warp feed and Apache.

drg
08-11-2008, 10:49 PM
Best strategy is to not need batteries in the first place.

Rechargeable lithiums are not that expensive, and they're pretty light. However, they don't last forever, and their effective lifetime is a function of cycles, storage voltage, storage temperature, and time.

For the way most of you will be using these batteries, the new hybrid NiMH's are the way to go, and they're not particularly expensive. You guys spend more on paint and other garbage than you will on rechargeable batteries if you're just smart about it.

There's really no reason to use disposables anymore, except maybe for the purpose of keeping as a spare set to loan to someone else (who won't return them).

The only problem is there aren't any new hybrid NiMH's (I'm assuming you mean the low discharge type) in 9v size ... :(

GoatBoy
08-12-2008, 01:28 AM
The only problem is there aren't any new hybrid NiMH's (I'm assuming you mean the low discharge type) in 9v size ... :(

True, but they are available for the AA sizes. It sounds like the 9v ones are on the way.

Have you guys ever checked the current pull of your markers? The power kind of determines the range of batteries you can use.

I don't own any Halo's or anything, but just out of curiosity, I checked the motors. It looks like they're 130 size motors (think: electric toothbrushes), so that pulls like around 2A or probably less.

Someone should just run a test; stick their gun on full auto, use an ammeter and a power supply and measure the power drawn.