PDA

View Full Version : Anyone playing Woodsball?

Sundown
08-06-2008, 07:39 AM
I was just wondering how many of you play woodsball ?

I know alot of speedballers play with automags, but I play woodsball and I wanted to know if alot of people play woodsball with automags.

P.S. I play with a basic Tac-One.

sffudapparel
08-06-2008, 07:49 AM
Atleast half of this site probably plays woodsball, including myself

Sundown
08-06-2008, 08:29 AM
Atleast how much? Do you mean alot of people play woodsball?

Atleast of this site probably plays woodsball, including myself

FiXeL
08-06-2008, 08:43 AM
I play only woodsball. With mags. :)

Toll
08-06-2008, 08:50 AM
I find myself gravitating towards it more and more because it gives me a chance to relax and actually play rather than try to get some games going with our goofy speedballers locally.

I like to think of it as a more relaxing drive in the country sort of thing. The only thing that annoys me is that I am not particularly dressed for the occasion. You can only see a big, bobbing, red mask in the distance so many times before you stop mistaking it for a hallucination.

steve_81
08-06-2008, 08:57 AM
I play woodsball because every speedball game I have ever played was the same and every Woodsball game I've played or will play is different.

Besides, Paintball Started in the woods and thats where it needs to stay.

guseppe16
08-06-2008, 09:18 AM
I play woodsball primarily, and with an Automag. I wouldn't turn down the opportunity to play the occasional speedball game, but with a slow economy I'd rather save money by not shooting so much.

PanzerGen
08-06-2008, 09:27 AM
I have been playing woodsball for the entire time that i have been into paintball. It is cheap, slower paced, and fun. The one problem that I have is getting people to play actual woodsball. Most of the other groups that I have played with do a speedball/woodsball game. Basically it turns into speedball (minus the electros and teamwork) in the woods.

Hook
08-06-2008, 09:33 AM
I play woodsball most of the time, with the rare indoors CQB or speedball game a couple of times in the winter.

Not really keen of speedball, but love the excitement of woods/scenario play.

trevorjk
08-06-2008, 09:56 AM
i like hybrid fields, where there is a "speedball like" section on the field wh ere i can go duke it out. but there is still plenty of terrain that some one can easily get around the field and grab are flag and get back. makes for much much more interesting games in my honest opinion

Don Carnage
08-06-2008, 10:19 AM
I play either woodsball or scenario games.

My setup is a Karta mag with lots of RT.

B-Pow
08-06-2008, 10:24 AM
I play where the people are.

Paintball is paintball, the only diffrence is what the cover is made of, field size, and how "fair" or "even" the sides of the fields are set up.

Given the chance I tend to prefer woods as the feild layouts and field sizes offer more options for movement and angles.

But honestly people it's basically the same game, you want to lane in the woods, you can and it does work; you want to tree walk in the speedball fields, you can and it does work.

Sundown
08-06-2008, 10:43 AM
Well I see there is alot of woodsball players here.
Or all the 10 automags woodsball players are online at the same time.. haha

B-pow : yeah, I know what you mean, its all the same at the end :)

But when I talk about woodsball I usualy talk about scenario as well.
In the sense that the only objectif is not only to eliminate the other team but to have little missions.

I also like more the environment of woodsball.. camo.. sneaking.. trees everywhere.. all that

Another thing is a really like the strategy side of scenario. I know speedball has alot of strategy, but scenario (woodsball) is a little different.

But that is my opinion and also, I never tried speedball.. so I am comparing something I never tried :) haha

But I just wanted to see if there was a big crowd of automag players in the woodsball environment.

Twistedpsyche
08-06-2008, 10:43 AM
I play mostly woodsball with my mags, but I have played some speedball with them as well.

Hilltop Customs
08-06-2008, 11:25 AM
I play mostly woodsball, even though I hate how dark it is in the woods compared to speedball. I prefer the larger fields of the woods and more options for cover, compared to how cramped speedball feels sometimes.

robnix
08-06-2008, 11:27 AM
I was just wondering how many of you play woodsball ?

I know alot of speedballers play with automags, but I play woodsball and I wanted to know if alot of people play woodsball with automags.

P.S. I play with a basic Tac-One.
I have a lot of choice near me, so I tend to go where the atmosphere is friendly and safety is stressed over the type of game played.

mostpeople
08-06-2008, 11:28 AM
I find agg nation usually steers clear of woodsball, so I gravitate towards it...

skipdogg
08-06-2008, 11:32 AM
I have played lots of woodsball this year. I would say in the last 2-3 years I have gradually moved from speedball and tournaments to woodsball.

Ive been playing with my pump mag this year, and having lots of fun. The pump mag holds up in woods ball no problem. Plus I like knowing that I'm not going to light up a noob and make him hate me or the sport.

punkncat
08-06-2008, 11:59 AM
The first game, and several years of my playing paintball were in the woods. I have used a mag quite a bit for it, but gravitated towards markers that did not require me to walk out for air so often.
I have not played in the woods for about two years. I missed a good deal of the season before that dealing with playing for a team, and then my accident took me out alltogether. I am hoping to get back to it again.

Sumthinwicked
08-06-2008, 01:59 PM
tacone longbow redesigned by me < :ninja: woodsball
gf has a project eclipse splashed mag
i have a a project micro
although i was forward when i played speedball LOL

usagi_tetsu
08-06-2008, 02:53 PM
I play woodsball, recball, and speedball when everyone else wants to play it, and I play with a Classic 'mag, a Tippmann Model 98 Custom, and anything else in my collection that is working that particular day.

ThePixelGuru
08-07-2008, 11:32 AM
Really? People are rarely surprised to see me in the woods with my 'mag, but they are surprised when I take it on the speedball field. What sorts of 'mags do the speedballers you know shoot? And what other markers are on the speedball field, mostly other mechs, electros, or what?

Just got me wondering if the whole speedball dynamic is different up there...

kruger
08-07-2008, 11:44 AM
The first game, and several years of my playing paintball were in the woods. I have used a mag quite a bit for it, but gravitated towards markers that did not require me to walk out for air so often.
I have not played in the woods for about two years. I missed a good deal of the season before that dealing with playing for a team, and then my accident took me out alltogether. I am hoping to get back to it again.

Come on up to the AO South game, we'll throw you back in the trees.

I, personaly have never played speedball, and really have no interest in it. It just doesnt appeal to me. At my field, we play woods/scenario ball. Sometimes there is an objective to the game, sometimes, it's just shoot all the other team. Lets be honest here: the main reason that we play is so that we can shoot each other with a paintgun. The circumstances that allow that is pretty much irrelevant. I prefer to play Army, or Cowboys and Injuns to the structured field of a speedball game. We have a hyperball field that we normally include in the games, to allow those that prefer the speedball side to have their cake too.

spwz99
08-07-2008, 05:20 PM
I find agg nation usually steers clear of woodsball, so I gravitate towards it...

It is so sad that I see this comment over and over on pbforums...not because of the comment, but because its true. It really is more relaxing and often more fun to play woodsball, and a good portion of it is who you are playing with.

Don't get me wrong, I love playing speedball. I mean, I'm captain of an NCPA team this fall, but when I want to go out and just have fun, I grab my 68 classic and a revvy with a dinosaur puppet glued to the front and hit the woods. And after I get done with college, it will probably be almost exclusively woodsball...

maniacmechanic
08-07-2008, 05:34 PM
woodsball & scenarios only , I play every sunday ( missed maby 3 or 4 in the past 4 years )
I will carry a variety of Mags or a pump

dstud2000
08-08-2008, 07:55 AM
i use my mags for woods, scenario, big game, speedball, reball, and anything else unless I am playing pump with my Scout or Phantom

Jeffy-CanCon
08-08-2008, 12:03 PM
I play woodsball and big-games almost exclusively. Usually a pump for a small game, and a semi for the target-rich events.

What field do you play at, Sundown?

paintball72
08-08-2008, 12:37 PM
i usually play woodsball but will play speedball if that is where the players are. i think its pretty funny when these guys who are laneing can figure out how i get past thier streams of paint. they and everyone who is there usually hugs their bunkers and i will back up and hip slide through and low where other people will just try and dash. i just think that most people who play speedball exclusively are very narrow minded as to how to play the game. but around here we joke that we play prarieball with so few trees around, but the field is growing a nice looking woods field that should be good to play on in a few years.

dcent
08-08-2008, 12:41 PM
i like hybrid fields, where there is a "speedball like" section on the field wh ere i can go duke it out. but there is still plenty of terrain that some one can easily get around the field and grab are flag and get back. makes for much much more interesting games in my honest opinion

100% agree'd

our field has a "village" section that has a little bush on the top side and above it is a "bush" field with a hand full of bunkers and alot of bush.

10-20 players can easily play either field. any more than that and we play full field ( village and bush )

a good mix of ply wood bunkers and bush is the best. you can go blasting in the bunkered area but still have to watch out fot the guys who stealth up behind you and start shooting you in the ***.

paintball is paintball........ I play all games whenever. if its saturday me and my brother are out shooting people and getting shot.

d-paint
08-08-2008, 12:41 PM
i play only woodsball :D

cerrik
08-08-2008, 02:29 PM
I play woods ball for about 99% of my games. The other 1% is speedball just cus i want to play and practice between scenarios and big games. All of which takes place with my Mag. :headbang:

nathanjones008
08-08-2008, 02:30 PM
Too hot and too muggy!

perhaps in a few months. :)

BigTrucker
08-08-2008, 06:30 PM
WOODSBALL HERE :headbang:

Sundown
08-08-2008, 06:43 PM
I play woodsball and big-games almost exclusively. Usually a pump for a small game, and a semi for the target-rich events.

What field do you play at, Sundown?

I play at Tactiks on monday nights (league nights)
On the weekend I play at a home field me and my friend made or at perkins (paintstorm) oustide field.

Where do you play?

maniacmechanic
08-08-2008, 06:43 PM
Too hot and too muggy!

perhaps in a few months. :)

augh come on ; i'm 49 live in central eastern florida & we play every sunday

nathanjones008
08-09-2008, 07:55 AM
:)
augh come on ; i'm 49 live in central eastern florida & we play every sunday

Do you live near the ocean with that breeze? I live in the middle of Ga, no breeze just 99F with the humidity =suffering!! :eek:

October -may is my playing time :)

MAGslinger
08-09-2008, 03:37 PM
I play both speedball and woodsball exclusively with my L7 Minimag. I play from May to Sept. and it's usually upper '80s down in southern Illinois with humidity, but since it is 'Mag Country' out where I live, the hot and humid conditions help my Mag attain top-notch performance (steam comes out of the barrel between shots, something you hardly see in a regular Mag with the exception of the RT and X-Valve)