PDA

View Full Version : ULT for a classic... ya I know but just look

kchadek
08-06-2008, 12:08 PM
Ok so I know that you are not supposed to use a ULT with a classic valve but I have heard from carious people that you can but the only thing that they said is you use alot of shims. So I was just wondering if the ULT comes with enough shims or you need to order more???

If anyone knows abot putting the ULT on a classic lmk how it shoots, how hard it is to install, etc. Thanks

k-chad

trevorjk
08-06-2008, 12:12 PM
Ok so I know that you are not supposed to use a ULT with a classic valve but I have heard from carious people that you can but the only thing that they said is you use alot of shims. So I was just wondering if the ULT comes with enough shims or you need to order more???

If anyone knows abot putting the ULT on a classic lmk how it shoots, how hard it is to install, etc. Thanks

k-chad

i personally have not done it, but ive also heard it works. only draw back that i have heard from doing this is that you can't shoot very fast (like 8+ bps). however the pull is crazy light.

hope some one can give better details then i can :p

also, when you find out if it works or not, come down to Paintball Sally's on a saturday and ill hook you up with air so you can tune it :cheers:

AGDRetro
08-06-2008, 03:52 PM
They can be made to work on a Classic with very little work, but they do have a tendancy to be short stroked much easier than an X-Valve in my experience...

kchadek
08-11-2008, 03:04 PM
come on I know at leat a few more people have used a ult on a classic, big question:
Is it worth it??

Toll
08-11-2008, 03:10 PM
As I understand it, you have to drill the valve out and it's still not exactly walkable.

AGDRetro
08-11-2008, 03:28 PM
You do NOT have to drill the valve out, this will drop into any Mag valve that uses 2 o-rings on the top of the valve on/off. This means it can be installed on ANY X-Valve & all variations of the Classic valve, it was however designed for use with the X-Valve and this should be kept in mind. ANY use outside of the X-Valve may lead to unsatisfactory performance...

ThePixelGuru
08-11-2008, 09:50 PM
I know people who have tried a ULT in their classic valve and hated it, and I know people who swear by it. It depends a lot on personal preference and even seems to vary between different valves and different on/offs. There's only one way to find out, and that's to try it. Be aware that it will make your 'mag much easier to short stroke, though.

BAZOOKA_Boy
08-12-2008, 02:07 AM
I have tried it, and I had to use my tank that puts out 1600 PSI to actually make it work correctly, and get over 5 shots a second, imo, not worth it, as a classic is a classic, why mess with what works so well :)