PDA

View Full Version : Things to do with extra 3k flatlines

Spider-TW
08-06-2008, 07:37 PM
So, I had a 3k Flatline that I had recently hydro'd just sitting around. If anyone else has a good use for one, post up. A nerf launcher may be next.

I saw the psychoballistics superbolts going for an "appropriate" price and thought "that mini front block looks like it will take a macro line fitting..."

I always wanted an autococker to tinker with, but I also needed a pump, having traded and loaned all of my pumps into extinction. The more I read about others' troubles with the superbolt (t0nn :) ) the more I leaned toward pumpifying it. After I got it, it became clear that the pneumatics were worthless, and until I am satisfied with it as a pump, no more money will go into it. In ebay-ese it has...

-AGD FLATLINE SYSTEM!
-Upgraded Regulator Spring Pack!
-PSYCHOBALLISTICS SUPERBOLT body!
-PSYCHOBALLISTICS SUPERBOLT barrel!
-ARCHON Dual Port loader!
-BOB LONG Grips!
-Custom OAK pump!
-Custom Pump Guide!
-Custom Pump Return Spring!
-Spare LPR port!

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff138/Spider-TW/PBpump-1.jpg

Yes, it works rather well :rolleyes:

About the PB pneumatics; the LPR was packed on with a bunch of teflon tape and is designed around a schraeder (tire) valve. Those are a waste of time in my book. The 3-way was well lubed, but you could see daylight between the orings and the inner bore. The ram was about 5/16" too long, which runs the hardened steel sear catch against the aluminum body. So, if this thing ever becomes an autococker. it will not be with those parts.

The sear is also too tall, but at least it's hardened (too hard to file).

My LPR solution was an extra brass 1/4" NPT plug. The ram end and rod became my pump rod and rod guide. The pump is, well, so far, some left over wood.

The best part is the pump guide. I drilled through the banjo bolt for a 10-24 screw and counter bored the allen socket to fit an old x-acto knife handle. I JB-welded the screw, banjo and handle together to get rid of the leaks.

The flatline got a standard automag spring pack and works down to 200 psi well. The superbolt springs will only let me get down to about 380 psi without getting stuck open after firing.

The grip 'upgrade' was necessary because the frame is so small that the finger grooved grips pushed my knuckles under the trigger guard, where they don't fit.

Some guys get pneu mags out of their scrap box, this is what I found. :(

ajnin
08-09-2008, 01:35 AM
I was using my 3k flatline on a gigantic air cannon. :) Yours is most likely more productive of the two.

Spider-TW
08-09-2008, 07:58 PM
I have a regulated CO2 nerf launcher, but if I can find a dump valve that is more compact than a sprinkler valve I will probably put this or another flatline on it. I look at the adjustable reg and think there must be a good use for these things.

The pump actually worked good all day today. About four or five of us showed up for a 'pump only' day, so we ended up playing in the main group. We still had a good time. The reg is sweetspotted right now and the velocity will go down if I take the pressure higher, but the valve stem is too rough and it shoots more consistent around 200 or 300 fps. I'll be tweaking the springs and pressure. For an experimental pump, it is the right price. :) I'm still thinking about a pump mag or an undercocking phantom.