PDA

View Full Version : New look to the mag

rhetor22
01-23-2002, 02:22 PM
http://cstrikesucks.homestead.com/files/magspray.jpg

The red in the back is really a dark maroon, the camera made it kinda funky.

Hope you like it, I did it myself.

TheTramp
01-23-2002, 03:14 PM
Is it a powder coat? Looks good.

rhetor22
01-23-2002, 03:16 PM
thanks

Its actually spray paint (ooh no i said the forbidden word!!) but i think it came out alright. Looks different when you are holding it then it does in the picture. Once i get my barrel (DAMN YOU UPS) then i'll get a picture of the whole set up. Great little gun.

Paintchucker
01-23-2002, 06:01 PM
Nice picture. LOL, it almost looks like you shot it so much that the back of the mainbody is glowing red! What type of spray paint did you use? I would be interested in the durability of it. I used some autobody paint on an old expansion chamber that was good for 3-4 months, but alas, it has all chipped off now...

Poseidon
01-23-2002, 07:33 PM
I once spray painted my tippy way back in the day. The clear coated it and baked it. It flaked off, and scrached easily. I'd get is powder coated. It's not to expensive.

Vegeta
01-23-2002, 08:22 PM
I have airburshed my M98 about 6 time, but the key is to use Enamel paint, liek that for model cars, an airbrush for more even results, and to take the old paint off b4 you do it. now i still have to powder coasting on under it, that doesnt matter, but when re-painting I use my favorite solvent/cleaner/explosive ARCO-SOLV to ge tthe paint off before I put somethign else on. I have had Green > Blue fades, Blue/white "bead blasting" effrects, , fire streaks, and now tonight I just put on a dark green base, dont know if I will put something liek a splash on it or not. I have never clearcoated (this time I might) but still have never had chips or flakes.

rhetor22
01-23-2002, 08:37 PM
I used the fuel proof R/C paint I've been talking about lately.

I don't think it will chip, it doesn' get hard. Its still a bit flexible, almost rubbery. It would actually peel off like rubber cement before it would chip. Good stuff.

fearc7
01-23-2002, 08:48 PM
is it possible to do a good powder coating at home? if so is it permanent and will never come off?

tAKE CARE OF YOUR SPLEEN, AND YOUR SPLEEN WILL TAKE CARE OF YOU!

RT 01037
01-23-2002, 08:54 PM
i would try lacquer i had a friend do it to his body and it is pritty strong no peels.

Mega Man
01-23-2002, 09:25 PM
How did you get the letters on your valve colored?

justinellery
01-23-2002, 09:36 PM
It looks good. It makes me want to try painting mine. I have a crome body. Can you paint over that also?

Griffin
01-23-2002, 09:57 PM
Mag_Man the letters aren't colored. It's just a reflection of the light onto the colors. :)

-Griffin

Snooky
01-23-2002, 10:29 PM
I spray painted my body. its starting to chip after a year. but only near where barrel is and on the elbow part. i wanna get it powder coated fade like the tequila sunrise fade emag.

Xzion
01-24-2002, 03:36 AM
you may wish to be careful when painting 'mag bodies in any way shape or form, to do it without potentially messing up your 'mag you should NOT paint between the mainbody and the rail, and the rail and the gripframe, the layers of paint may throw out the tolerences of your 'mag. Your paintjob looks great though, should take a look at the black/red powdercoat fade Redrider did on my mag.

rhetor22
01-24-2002, 05:01 AM
The body rail was taped off as were all the holes.

Thanks for your comments guys!

Dodo
01-24-2002, 09:37 AM
that mag rocks