PDA

View Full Version : Automag frontblock shroud / rail dimensions?

TheLastBrunnenG
08-07-2008, 03:16 PM
Hi, all! I’m not a Mag owner, but I see this is definitely the place to ask Mag parts questions.

I have acquired a WGP VF-Tactical autococker which is missing its tactical pneumatics shroud. It’s impossible to find those separately. It does seem that the frontblock shroud / rail thingy (technical, I know) on a Mag looks similar.

What are the dimensions of an Automag’s frontblock shroud / rail thingy? If they’re close to those on a VF-T, then I’ll check the BSTs for a used one and convert it myself. If they're not that close, then I can at least use it for a template.

http://i33.tinypic.com/14bnl2q.jpg

Thanks!

DevilMan
08-07-2008, 04:56 PM
WOW!!!!! You just kicked up all kinds of ideas for me....

:D

DM

TheLastBrunnenG
08-07-2008, 07:48 PM
WOW!!!!! You just kicked up all kinds of ideas for me....

Great! Hopefully one of them involves grabbing a ruler. ;}

cyberave68
08-07-2008, 08:08 PM

That was pretty funny...lol

Dont have them near me to measure sorry. Maybe i'll bring one home and check it for you also...
If you want one i have 2 i think and i'll send you one. Just pick up the shipping .. ($2 first class)

Cy

DevilMan
08-07-2008, 09:01 PM

That was quite humorous... I posted while at work so I couldn't get a ruler and seeins how noone else has yet I guess I could....

I'm curious to what measurement you need though... The width is the width of the rail... the length and drop??? Or the width of the front cross section... which is again the width of the rail...

If I can find my ruler I'll try and get the numbers for ya..

DM

TeamJackal37
08-07-2008, 09:38 PM
I dont think it will fit becuz my friend as one , it has more room than the SS RT grip drop
Here's the size: length= 2 5/8 Width= 1 1/8

I checked it with my Cocker, you can bend it out, it just 1/6 smaller than the Front Block

TheLastBrunnenG
08-08-2008, 10:36 AM
I dont think it will fit becuz my friend as one , it has more room than the SS RT grip drop
Here's the size: length= 2 5/8 Width= 1 1/8

I checked it with my Cocker, you can bend it out, it just 1/6 smaller than the Front Block

Thanks, guys! It looks like the Mag piece will be a little smaller than the VF-T's shroud, but it might be worth a try.