PDA

View Full Version : PBN annoys me

sffudapparel
08-07-2008, 04:43 PM
I offered to send this guy one of my old vforce masks for 13 bucks shipped. He says he likes the looks of the mask and whatnot, so I shot him my paypal address and told him to send money if he wants it. He responds with this...

"I'm also considering another mask at the moment so whoever can give me the better deal will get my money"

Now, I'm all for getting the best product at the best price. That's the way economies work. But seriously now, How much lower can I go without losing money on the dang on thing? I told him that shipping is gonna be 6-8 bucks because I'll need to use a larger box, and that If I'm not making 5 bucks from it then that's not even motivation to drive to the post office to send it out.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Gah. That site annoys me sometimes...

MAGslinger
08-07-2008, 04:52 PM
I had the same experience. A guy is selling his Tippmann Pro AM on there, and his ad says $50 ship, so I say I'll take it. He responds and tells me its mine in cash, but that he is also considering a trade, so I was like WTF!? I'm still waiting to hear from him. I'm happier dealing here, at least people are honest here.

Chronobreak
08-07-2008, 04:54 PM
Now, I'm all for getting the best product at the best price. That's the way economies work. But seriously now, How much lower can I go without losing money on the dang on thing? I told him that shipping is gonna be 6-8 bucks because I'll need to use a larger box, and that If I'm not making 5 bucks from it then that's not even motivation to drive to the post office to send it out.

you cant blame pbn as a whole for something that is clearly one members fault.

ive had similar experiences on nearly every forum including this one

robnix
08-07-2008, 04:55 PM
I offered to send this guy one of my old vforce masks for 13 bucks shipped. He says he likes the looks of the mask and whatnot, so I shot him my paypal address and told him to send money if he wants it. He responds with this...

"I'm also considering another mask at the moment so whoever can give me the better deal will get my money"

I've stopped selling stuff there. Some of the offers I got on my last round of mags were just ridiculoius.

Toll
08-07-2008, 05:02 PM
Its (I believe) the biggest paintball site on the net and its bst does alot of business. There are idiots left right and center.

As soon as some one pulls something like that I politely withdraw and tell them to go with the other guy....because he's going to be a tool through the entire process and aren't worth dealing with.

mostpeople
08-07-2008, 05:17 PM
Thats why if you're under 18 I wont do business with you...

And if that guy was over 18 hes got other issues to deal with then im sure.

so don't sweat it! he'll either buy it or he wont..

Sajjad
08-07-2008, 05:42 PM
I had a weird experience buying cocker parts on there once.
I told the fella I’m happy to pay his asking price plus shipping straight away
but then spent three days exchanging PM’s then finally he tells me he has to ask his mum if it’s ok to sell the parts.
I walked away at that point.

Hilltop Customs
08-07-2008, 07:46 PM
Ive had horrible experiences buying/selling on pbn......bought a halo that was "mint" other than needing eyes adjusted.....yea feedneck was completely broke off, 4 screws missing, and the inner feedneck where the eyes are held was broke too. Oh and I was supposed to get an extra stock halo board.....never came.

From now on I'm sticking with smaller forums for BST....I dont trust PBN for anything anymore.

ZEROte
08-07-2008, 07:54 PM
i am mainly annoyed at the small talk forums. i have been getting more and more involved with photography, and pbn has a st photography section. it is just like the rest of pbn though. oh you take pics with that, that sucks. you only spent $200 on your camera you suck. it's irritating because no where else in the photography world is anyone like that.

sffudapparel
08-07-2008, 10:43 PM
you cant blame pbn as a whole for something that is clearly one members fault.

I completely understand. It's not one person though. There are some good people on that site and I recently complete a trade in which I shipped first and everything went well. It just kinda sucks that like 90% of that site is a bunch of idiots.
Oh, the pawn shops and when people say "sig pm me" annoy the crap out of me too.

StygShore
08-08-2008, 01:55 AM
It's not just PBN... but I have come accross my fair share of the same problems.

I usually encounter someone who sends me repeated PM's asking all sorts of questions, saying they want to buy it "but" and then after 5 days of back and forth they get ticked off at me for selling it to someone else that simply said " I'll take it - whats your paypal addy "

I have adopted a money talks policy for online sales. It has made some people angry, but I wont "hold" things for people anymore - I'll take deposits to prove people are serious about buying stuff. If they cant at least do that - it goes to the first person that pays me.

I think it's the retail mentality - they expect you to put it on lay-a-way while they scrounge up the money and keep you talking or something.

Styg

I got offered 50.00 for my recent E-blade frame sale - I posted up that I would make a movie dousing it in lighter fluid and burning it in effigy before I sold it for that price :) Anyone ever see Henry Rollins' comedy routine abotu buying things on Ebay? :) :D

J_Kizzy
08-08-2008, 03:35 AM
PbN makes me ill. So does curry, but that's different. I think.

Mikey B
08-08-2008, 06:23 AM
My worst experience was with a guy who does custom work over on MCB... imagine that. However PBN does have it's place. I use it because it is a high traffic area. I don't expect people to buy at my asking prices but just getting it out there is still good.