PDA

View Full Version : Retrovalve problem after rebuild

Siress
08-10-2008, 02:22 PM
Alright, some of you may have noticed my Retrwoes thread before, concerning the slow (2cps) recharge rate. I ordered an X-valve repair kit and have now increased the CPS to about 8. What's going on here?

The lvlX bolt and ULT are tuned to be very safe. I replaced every seal in the gun except for the tiny black o-ring in the ULT. I don't know what else I can do, now. Could it be something within the regulator nut?

Here's exactly what's happening. I can shoot around 8cps without issue. Any faster and it chuffs, occasionally causing the bolt to hang up and require pushing back with my finger about 1/16th of an inch (while having a small leak).

BOB THE ALMIGHTY
08-10-2008, 06:24 PM
i dont know what kind of tank you are running but if the pressure into the gun is too low shoot down can occur, also check to make sure your on off is oiled... a little oil goes a LONG way

BigEvil
08-10-2008, 06:40 PM
Did you say Retro valve AND ult? The retro valve will not work with a ult unless it is milled to or can take the double orings at the top of the standard on/off.

Siress
08-10-2008, 07:53 PM
The valve has been milled for the ULT. The tank has a ~850psi output and tested with a full tank. I did some messing around with the ULT and now have BPS up to 18 or so before it chuffs on occasion. That's more than usable, but I don't like it. It bothers me that something's slowing the gun down. Although, how fast will a lvl X generally allow if tuned for soft paint? That might by all that's going on. I'm out of HPA now, but I can toss a lvl7 in there later. It has eyes any way, not like I need the lvl X.

BigEvil
08-10-2008, 07:58 PM
The valve has been milled for the ULT. The tank has a ~850psi output and tested with a full tank. I did some messing around with the ULT and now have BPS up to 18 or so before it chuffs on occasion. That's more than usable, but I don't like it. It bothers me that something's slowing the gun down. Although, how fast will a lvl X generally allow if tuned for soft paint? That might by all that's going on. I'm out of HPA now, but I can toss a lvl7 in there later. It has eyes any way, not like I need the lvl X.

Those milled out retros can be temperamental. VTLO910 has one that gave me fits. Sounds like you are on the right track though.

A lvl 10 works wonders. I cannot remember the last time I chopped a ball with a mag.

Siress
08-10-2008, 08:14 PM
Honestly, I only use it because it's such an awesome mechanism. :D Eyes work, but it's not the same.