PDA

View Full Version : HELP ME OH MIGHTY MAG GODS xvalve leak

BOB THE ALMIGHTY
08-10-2008, 07:01 PM
Alright this is the first time that I have had this problem with my mag and i have no idea what happened. I took my mag apart to oil everything and clean it up the other day. When i put it back together i had a brand spanking new problem. There was a nice leak coming out of the hole of the velocity adjuster nut. So I proceeded to disassemble the whole mag and replace all of the o-rings (all of them in the on off reg pison reg seat yatta yatta). The only ones i didnt replace were the ones in the lvl 10 and reg pin assembly. The leak stops when I hold the trigger down all the way. I tried everything I knew of and that I could find on the forum. The last think that I could think of is if the reg piston for one reason or another somehow died. Any ideas?

set up
x valve
ult with 2 shims
lvl x 2 shims one dot carrier
800 psi input pressure

mr doo doo
08-10-2008, 07:32 PM
the hole in the back where you adjust velocity? try turning it down a bit (or until leak stops).

BOB THE ALMIGHTY
08-10-2008, 07:39 PM
the hole in the back where you adjust velocity? try turning it down a bit (or until leak stops).

tried that already ....velocity all the way down ...at the point the gun actually starts to cycle the leak kicks in

Looper
08-10-2008, 07:49 PM
When you split the valve in half, take off the back regulator, is the on/off sized o-ring on the regulator valve pin or in the regulator body. It should be inserted in the regulator body.

BOB THE ALMIGHTY
08-24-2008, 05:41 PM
When you split the t half, take off the back regulator, is the on/off sized o-ring on the regulator valve pin or in the regulator body. It should be inserted in the regulator body.

ya i place the oring in the reg body each time...but when i take it apart it is attached to the reg seat...could that be the problem....slightly off spec o ring or something?
or do u think that i could have blown the reg piston somehow

and just another bit of info i figured out that when i hold the trigger the leak seems to stop...id really like to get this thing running ...ne ideas?

athomas
08-25-2008, 07:22 PM
It could be a bad regulator piston assembly but if it just started it is most likely a piece of dirt in an oring. The most likely oring based on your description of the problem and results when you hold the trigger, is the regulator piston assembly oring. Make sure you full clean the back half of the valve and put a new oring on the regulator piston assembly.

BOB THE ALMIGHTY
08-26-2008, 12:17 PM
It could be a bad regulator piston assembly but if it just started it is most likely a piece of dirt in an oring. The most likely oring based on your description of the problem and results when you hold the trigger, is the regulator piston assembly oring. Make sure you full clean the back half of the valve and put a new oring on the regulator piston assembly.

already did that before i even came onto the forum to see what u guys thought ...i replaced all the orings except the ones reg valve pin assembly but i did check them and they looked in really good condition

athomas
08-26-2008, 03:56 PM
already did that before i even came onto the forum to see what u guys thought ...i replaced all the orings except the ones reg valve pin assembly but i did check them and they looked in really good conditionHmmm, I guess maybe your regulator piston assembly could be leaking, but it is rarely a problem in x-valves.

You could be experiencing bolt stick that is causing the mag to require more pressure to cycle than the overpressure setting can handle. Try the short gold bolt spring and make sure your carrier size is the correct one for the oring you are using.