PDA

View Full Version : My EMag went nuts!

XMag - epic
08-11-2008, 09:48 AM
Hey guys. I have a TacOne EMag with Xvalve and Level 10. I just hooked up a new SmartParts MaxFlow mini on it (this was it's first game). Anyway... on Saturday I was a few hours into a scenario game when the gun (in hybrid mode) went berserk! I was shooting normally when it started shooting faster than it ever has before and kept firing when my finger was off the trigger. It chopped some paint (Halo TSA couldn't keep up) and then stopped. I cleared the barrel, fired again and it did it again. I put the gun back in E mode for the rest of the game. What happened?

XMag - epic
08-11-2008, 09:55 AM
PS - I'd like to be able to make it shoot that fast.... voluntarily.

Ruler_Mark
08-11-2008, 10:26 AM
take your gun part and take a picture of the sear and bolt

XMag - epic
08-11-2008, 10:33 AM
take your gun part and take a picture of the sear and bolt

Any particular part of the bolt?

dark blade
08-11-2008, 12:26 PM
Im not aware of the input pressure of the maxflo mini but I do know that when I have a low pressure in my e-tac it freaks out sometimes... and I can run it in e mode with only 450 input... but take a picture of te bolt edge (bottom) and the sear tip

Post it here and check your specs from the tolerance sticky.

Lasty, take your bolt and tune the heck out of it, you shouldn't chop even if your hopper doesn't keep up cuz that's the whole point of the level 10. Make sure you throw in the gold sprng when tuning the bolt carrier and oring along with the shims under the tip

Report bak and let us know how things go

Ruler_Mark
08-11-2008, 12:39 PM
the back lip that catches the sear

XMag - epic
08-11-2008, 03:07 PM
OK, I took her apart. She's (was) pretty dirty inside. Maybe even a piece of shell stuck on the sear. The sear looks sharp and not worn at all. Bolt looks OK too, no scratches or anything. The pictures aren't very clear, but I can post them if need be.

Just to be clear, the gun doesn't normally chop. Usually it just hisses and then goes back to firing.

Is dirtiness alone enough to make the gun go nuts?

Ruler_Mark
08-11-2008, 03:30 PM
check your lvl X

dark blade
08-11-2008, 04:11 PM
yup, if oyu get something inside your powertube its more than enough to make it go nuts... i suggest taking the powertube apart and cleaning it (no need to tune if you said it wouldnt chop before) just take it apart and clean.

also... dirt is a big meany when it comes to seals and leaks. 1 piece of dirt can create a false seal and cause many problems

clean everything, relube everything, if it chops retune everything, and if worst comes to worst i would say send to someone for a tuning/teching/fixing

good luck and let us know

XMag - epic
08-11-2008, 06:38 PM
I cleaned it all real good. Will see how it works next time I play. In all honesty I was thinking of sending it somewhere for a full teching. I actually wonder if the output pressure of the maxflow mini can be changed via shim stacks or something to get the RT going better as well. I'm also interested in newer software. My gun has the mode jumper installed, but I don't think it has any burst modes. It is on 3.2 version software.

dark blade
08-11-2008, 07:09 PM
well to be honest i would send it to rulermark then because he can flash it to xmod for you and he does a great job with teching... but see how it works first if it works great there is no reason to have him tech it (i still suggest the flashing though)

on another note i dont think they can adjust the pressure of the maxflomicro because its a completely self contained built in regulator/asa and i dont see why they would have higher or lower pressure springs

but its worth a try i guess

NU_METAL
08-11-2008, 07:58 PM
I cleaned it all real good. Will see how it works next time I play. In all honesty I was thinking of sending it somewhere for a full teching. I actually wonder if the output pressure of the maxflow mini can be changed via shim stacks or something to get the RT going better as well. I'm also interested in newer software. My gun has the mode jumper installed, but I don't think it has any burst modes. It is on 3.2 version software.

the max flow "micro " reg is set from the factory @ 850psi ,and you guessed it through pre- packed shim stacks _their almost like mini wave washers -any way ,..regs like these have a higher "FLOW" rate @ high rates of fire ,if you have a e tac that was set up a certain way for your "OLD" set up ,your most likely going to have to start over w/adjustments
fix
possibly dwell
and trigger( magnet) adjustments( imho) and im basing this off the fact that your running a tsa halo,witch are good hoppers but they dont feed crazy fast sooo, with that said
technically,..unless your looking to throw 21+ balls per sec, thiers no need for regs of this nature
all my solenoid driven mags run great on pre set screw in type 850 psi output regs all day long
no headaches of rebuilding and leaky "O" rings
now if you were running strickly R/T id say "yes "you need some sort of adjustable high out put reg 900-1000 or so
just my 2 pennies hope this helps a little
ps,... you can send the micro off to smart parts for a REPACK if you wanted to ,i had it done in the past and seen no difference ,and i wasn't happy w/ their work
RULER_MARK would be able to go through this marker for you and probably do an update on that board also

Ruler_Mark
08-15-2008, 12:31 AM
the micromaxflow as nu has stated runs very well, great for up to 20bps without any issues.

How old is everything? keep in mind some parts floating around are getting old and random things like sears and reg pin assembles can get worn out and need replacing.

If you do want Xmod 1.8 I can flash it for you legally. While I have it I can run it down for you. This however may be a very simple thing, IF I were you I would get a new lvl X oring and re-tune your lvl X. This can be your problem. Also was the gun ever re-annod? Finally where did you buy it, are you sure the on/off pin is the emag length?