PDA

View Full Version : RT Valve, Good upgrade?

Metzger
01-23-2002, 03:53 PM
I am 14 and I got a 68 Classic Mag... I was wondering if an RT valve is the correct upgrade for me... what I mean is its expensive for a kid like me so I want to know everything I can on it. If any of you have one and would like to tell me about the Pros and Cons of it that would be great. Also I have been looking at the 32 degrees Carbon Fiber Barrel for my gun. Do any of you have any ideas on that? thanks guys I appreciate it

paintbattler
01-23-2002, 06:23 PM
i dont know bout the ReTro valve but bout the carbon fiber. woodnt get it. i had one before on my tippmann and it worked great. but my teammate has one for his minimag and it chops like no business. it mite be short strokebut i dunno. my tear drop is amazingly accurate. it is also mnore accurrate than my old carbon on my tipp m98. plus the SS tear drop is less expensive..or if u want to spen a lil more money, get an SS all american... but i have heard good things about the ReTro valve so i am gonna get it, lol. im also 14.
IMO

talls
01-23-2002, 06:30 PM
Well I just recently got a retro valve and I am still getting used to the trigger "kicking back". I haven't shortstroked in the last month. I would highly recommend this to anyone. The pros are that the trigger springs back much harder than the classic valve. This allows you to shoot faster and since it can shoot 20+ ball per second you will have no shotdown. I know it sounds expensive but it is worth it.

Xzion
01-23-2002, 07:09 PM
In my opinion, its one of the single best upgrades you can put on a 'mag, as for the pros and cons:

PRO
-reactive trigger making for higher fire rates.
-fastest recharging valve in the paintball world.
-A little Lighter

CON
-can run ONLY on nitro
-an adjustable nitro tank is recomended, to adjust 'reactiveness', which some players dont have
-consistancy can suffer depending on how high you have your input pressure set.

Overall, its a great upgrade, and will make you fall in love with your 'mag all over again. :)

FooTemps
01-23-2002, 07:14 PM
The retro is a great upgrade. Xzion practically covered it. You'd be in no condition to shoot down with a retro. I was considering buying a cf barrel myself when I buy my mag but I haven't bought my mag so I can't buy the cf... I might have to test it and give a review for you guys.

Cypres0099
01-23-2002, 08:06 PM
There is a review for the Carbon Fiber in this months Paintball Magazine.

Apparently the guy who reviewed it was quite impressed. He also said that the claim of 90% accuracy 3 shots after a ball break is true.

The only con he mentioned was that he felt like he would break the carbon fiber even though they said it was just as strong as any other barrel.

Oh, and Paintbattler, the chopping your friend had shouldn't be because of that barrel if he has a power feed tell him to make sure there is no lip that the paintball has to travel over, that was the problem with my mag chopping, unless he is short stroking. I got a free parabolic plug from AGD.