PDA

View Full Version : Best tank and reg?

Sundown
08-12-2008, 10:39 AM
I have read around but did not find a thread on what would be the best tank and reg for an automag?

As for me, I have a Carleton tank/reg and I am not sure if it is any good or not :)

For information: I have a Tac-One w/o the ULT and I do really shoot that fast. So I am more looking at a constant shot from my reg.
I am also not really looking at ajusting my pressure.. I would more like to keep it at 850 psi.

I have heard that crossfire makes one of the best regs out there.. true?

Hook
08-12-2008, 11:23 AM
Definitely go with a Crossfire reg! IMO, they offer the most consistent output with cery little variation.

MacDev makes great regs too, but are harder to find. There's also the oldschool adjustable Max-Flo manifold regs, but they require regular maintenance and rebuild. I got fed up with mine and sold it. The on/off becomes an on/on after a few months :p

But I digress. Go with a Crossfire!

AzrealDarkmoonZ
08-12-2008, 01:09 PM
In my testing, for presets Centerflag, Nitroduck Ireg top the list. Maxflo manifold style and dynaflow for adjustables.

Crossfires will perform adequately also. I would stay away from Myths since they are lower pressure and slower recharge.

dark blade
08-14-2008, 08:00 AM
Actually the previous post about myths is false.... they did a legitimate study about rwg recharges and found that myths actually beat out the crossfire regs and allow you to reach deeper into your tank for more shots without dropoff

Lastly... I run a high pressure myth on my mag and it has an input of 900 and an amazing recharge rate... never had any shoot down or inconsistancy

BigEvil
08-14-2008, 08:03 AM
If Centerflag was still around, I would be telling you to get a Dynaflow adjustable. Since they are gone, go with the Crossfire. Great reg and great company.

Spider-TW
08-14-2008, 08:43 AM
In my testing, for presets Centerflag, Nitroduck Ireg top the list. Maxflo manifold style and dynaflow for adjustables.

Crossfires will perform adequately also. I would stay away from Myths since they are lower pressure and slower recharge.
Apparently the standard ones were relatively low, but they have a high pressure spring or shim kit that they can install when you order them. I guess they didn't advertise the output pressure choices very well. There's a dealer for them in the Dealer BST and he explains that a mag needs the kit.

On the max flo I finally pulled out the on/off plug and polished a ramp on the hole that runs by the on/off oring so that it would stop slicing a chunk off the oring. It's been about a year now and still shuts off (fingers crossed). It's still a maintenance hog.

I'm hoping the myths can build a solid reputation; regs are fundamental and we have to have a good standard available from someone. Crossfires are very good, but competition is a good thing.

**edit**
For a screw in tank, I have a Crossfire 68/4500 that has been rehydro'd and never had a problem.

SithSteve
08-14-2008, 09:12 AM
I'll give another vote for Crossfire... I've never had an issue with mine (I have a 88/45 and a 70/45).

paintball72
08-14-2008, 11:20 PM
even with centerflag out of bussiness i still vote for thier products, if you can find a centerflag reg floating around scoop it up and love it for all your worth. :D