PDA

View Full Version : Need some help on tee shirt art/logo.

luke
08-14-2008, 10:25 AM
I have a guy at work that owes me a favor for some work I did for him. His prior job was as a tee shirt designer for a large company. He's going to design a simple logo for Lukes Customs, but I wanted to do the Automags.org logo on the front.

I was wonder if someone new the font type used in the AO logo? The design is being done in an old program, it's a Mackintosh computer and the program is Illustrator 9. He says the re are a number of ways he could redo the logo to match but it would be time consuming. I want something quick and easy for him because he only owes me for about 4 hours of work.

Anyone?

:bounce:

For the record>
Of course I would get TK's permission before I had any shirts printed

BigEvil
08-15-2008, 06:46 AM
Couldn't you just get a hi res image of the logo and use that instead of remaking it?

luke
08-15-2008, 08:10 AM
How would I do that?

ThePixelGuru
08-15-2008, 01:05 PM
Yeah, I've tried making a vector version of the logo, but no luck. The highest resolution I can find is currently in the upper left of the page and it's far too small for me to vectorize well. I can't seem to match the font, either, seems like a custom one. And tracing the exact curves of the letters in Illustrator is very difficult and time consuming... :p

If your guy finds a good way to do it and doesn't mind, post up the vector file. I've seen lots of people ask for such a thing, but no one's ever done it. I might take a crack at it later, but I've got a lot of other images to vectorize so I doubt I'll get to it any time soon.

luke
08-15-2008, 01:39 PM
I had a friend run it through the OneCNC machining program (it has logo tracing capabilities) and it worked but not very well. it tens to "cut corners" so it really isn't a good match.