PDA

View Full Version : classic valve rt mod?

peartree
08-16-2008, 06:41 PM
is there a way to turn the classic valve reactive? :rolleyes:

mostpeople
08-16-2008, 07:02 PM
Ive heard something about the ULT mod..

but its complicated I think

short answer, no.. you should however be able to pick up an RT valve relatively cheaply if you sell the classic valve.

peartree
08-16-2008, 08:19 PM
but if the on off pin is the only difference in the two valves (?) then why can you not just switch in the rt pin in order to go reactive??

mostpeople
08-16-2008, 10:07 PM
The on off is not the only difference, thats the key

mostpeople
08-16-2008, 10:13 PM
http://www.automagsuk.com/otherimages/A.I.R.~Valve.JPG

http://www.automagsuk.com/otherimages/Retro~valve.JPG

Notice the difference in construction -- they are not the same

Runamok
08-18-2008, 05:18 AM
I've toyed with the same idea, but the reg. valve pin is the difference between the two valves. The reactive valve is machined different to take the spring pack type pin. And I believe that other small changes such as a bleed off vent hole were designed into the reactive valve. Best bet is to sell or trade the classic and look for a RT Pro valve. then add a level 10 bolt and a ULT trigger. This properly tuned will give you a screaming fast and light trigger pull. The conclusion I reached was that it may be able to mod the classic but not cost effective. I've also put an RT on/off in a classic and it made no real difference.

damajor
08-18-2008, 02:49 PM
I have a retro valve, flatline, and intelliframe...with this alone, can I make the gun screaming fast...or do I also need the ULT to do this?

athomas
08-18-2008, 05:59 PM
The top speed of a retro valve is faster with a retro on-off than with the ULT. The ULT can make it easier to pull the trigger fast for some people, but a high input pressure combined with the proper setup can give you really fast reactive performance on a retro on-off assembly.

damajor
08-18-2008, 09:15 PM
I'm new to mags...what do you mean by retro with on/off?

damajor
08-18-2008, 10:51 PM
duh...I get it now :sleeping

Will modifying the trigger rod length help?

athomas
08-19-2008, 05:48 AM
No, modifying the trigger rod length does not help. It only changes where the trigger makes contact. It doesn't change the actual pull. Changing the trigger rod length can cause issues if done incorrectly. Typically you want the trigger almost touching the trigger rod when gassed up.

One thing you can do to make a nice crisp trigger feel, is to shim the side of the trigger. It removes any side to side movement and provides a more positive feel with less wasted energy.