PDA

View Full Version : ITT: we dance with nuns.

behemoth
08-18-2008, 12:55 PM
http://www.heathersanimations.com/dance1/a3.gif

Christ, its monday.....

neppo1345
08-18-2008, 01:08 PM
I like bananas

behemoth
08-18-2008, 01:26 PM
I could make a joke there, but knowing our friendly moderator staff, i'd get a weeks vacation.

anyhow, sup timbo?

kosmo
08-18-2008, 03:20 PM
I ripped off a scam artist today. Some guy was selling some crappy "$2000" speakers out of the back of a van. I talked him down to 200 bucks, then gave him a 20 dollar bill folded over some ones and he never counted it.

behemoth
08-18-2008, 03:22 PM
What kinda speakers? Subs?

you gonna put them in the caddy? swang doors?

kosmo
08-18-2008, 03:34 PM
Theyre some cheap crappy chinese tower speakers. "Theater Matrix" is what theyre called. Theres reports all over the internet about this scam the guys pulled. Was just standing outside smoking and they pull up in a white van and say "Hey, weve got some speakers that we are supposed to deliver to (insert local bar name here), but the company screwed up and gave us extra ones. You interested in buying?" The boxes look quite official and everything and have an MSRP of 1700 bucks. I learned about them through a quick google search when I went in to "get my wallet". I figure as long as they work, theyre worth 29 bucks.

neppo1345
08-19-2008, 10:17 AM
Theyre some cheap crappy chinese tower speakers. "Theater Matrix" is what theyre called. Theres reports all over the internet about this scam the guys pulled. Was just standing outside smoking and they pull up in a white van and say "Hey, weve got some speakers that we are supposed to deliver to (insert local bar name here), but the company screwed up and gave us extra ones. You interested in buying?" The boxes look quite official and everything and have an MSRP of 1700 bucks. I learned about them through a quick google search when I went in to "get my wallet". I figure as long as they work, theyre worth 29 bucks.

My dad sort of got pulled in a scam like that a few years ago...he talked the guy down to 100.00 and paid him...

However the speakers he sold us weren't all that bad...cabinets were solid, and the drivers didn't sound terrible...