PDA

View Full Version : New Mag user needs help!!!!!

Grady
08-18-2008, 10:10 PM
I just acquired a used classic automag with some upgrade parts(dye grips and a palmer stabilizer). i like the gun but am having trouble getting it to work right.
1) it shoots over 400 fps even when i turn the thing in back all the way down. i know its down because when i turn it the other way the thing damn RIPS. :wow:
2) i was told that the marker would only work on C02 but i would like it to work with my 3000 psi air tanks. can anyone tell me how to make this happen???

thank you for your time
Grady

Spider-TW
08-19-2008, 10:09 AM
In any mag, if you unscrew the velocity adjuster (counterclockwise), the velocity should (and will eventually) go down. If you start with it almost loose, the marker should not fire at all.

Most (not all) classic mags can go from CO2 to air without any big changes. You won't need or want the palmers on the marker for air. For CO2, set the palmers to something relatively high like 700 psi (iirc). It's there just to condition the CO2, not really to regulate the pressure. It will cause problems if it is set low (like around 500 psi).

There is a spring pack under the velocity adjuster. Unscrew the adjuster and check that the smooth end of the pack is facing the adjuster. The swaged end fits in the back of the reg piston.

If that was ok, you need to check the reg seat and pin. Probably should do that anyway on a used mag unless you "know where it's been".

Grady
08-20-2008, 09:16 PM
thanks for the help dude!!!

i hooked up the air tank and it worked but the gun still shooting 350+. and with the air im having trouble with the gun running out of "juice" after 6 or 8 shots. it starts out shooting hot, but still shooting like its supposed to and after 6 or so shots that loses power every shot and barely throws them out of the barrel. any idea's???