PDA

View Full Version : leaking mini-mag

ahira
01-23-2002, 07:37 PM
hello all,
i recently purchased a used mini mag, and i am very happy with it.two problems have arisin with it and i have no isea how to fix them.the first one is that i will sometimes leak through the barrel.the second is that with the stock reg on i leak through the little hole you put the allen wrench it to adjust your reg.i put an aftermarket reg on my marker and i got the leak to stop there,but it kept leaking through the barrel.could there be something wrong with my stock reg, or do i just need to buy a rebuild kit and change out all the o-rings and such?

thanks in advance.

ahira.

PyRo
01-23-2002, 08:54 PM
If you turn up your velocity too high, it will leak out the back. Try with the stock reg, backing out the nut a bit. You could also replace your reg seat (when you unscrew the reg halves, a little yellowish plasticie thing, a little thicker than a nickle).

SoupRman
01-23-2002, 09:07 PM
read the manual. i suggest replacing the aftermarket valve with the stock, change everythign to stock, and get a parts kit and replace and oil everythign in the valve (especially the pt o-ring). if that doesnt work: then get a PT spacer kit and move to the next smaller pt spacer than whats in there already until it stops. if not, it could be your bolt, or a crack in the tube...

for the reg. nut leak...
replace reg seat.

make sure to clean off all dirt from the o-rings, and any other parts.

ButtersAutoMag
01-23-2002, 09:50 PM
hmmm, with the reg situation i dunno but with the barrle just take out you hole valve and make sure the brass look part on your power tube is screwed in tite also check the o rings down there (always good to have mag part kit with ya!) then check on off valve and while your at it make sure the bumper seat is down, may not have to do with it but its always good to check everything. Maybe that will help if not bring it to the local tech/airsmith (a.k.a. mag miracle workers)

ahira
01-23-2002, 10:24 PM
thanks for all your answers.currently i have no manuel or video to go off of and the local stores here dont know a whole lot about mags so its up to me to gather as much info as i can.one othe problem i have ran into is when i pull the trigger back just a little bit it will hiss.my brothers brand new mag doesnt do this.what could cause the hissing?

thanks

ahira

BlackVCG
01-23-2002, 10:40 PM
Ahira-

First thing you should do is take out the valve and unscrew the brass tip at the end of the valve that you can see when you slide off the bolt.

Unscrew this with a coin and out should come a brass spacer with three numbers on it. Let me know what that number is. If it's too long, it will cause the leaking down the barrel. It should be .225 or smaller. Below where that spacer was is an o-ring. If that o-ring is dirty or broken, replace it and that will stop the leak.

As for the velocity leaking out the back, first try backing out the velocity adjuster nut at the back of the valve and fire it a few times and see if that stops the leak. If it doesn't, unscrew the valve and replace the reg. seat and the piston o-ring. You can get to the piston o-ring by unscrewing the velocity adjuster nut all the way and out will come a black spring pack. To get to the piston, take a toothpick from the front side of the valve body and push out the brass piston. It will have an o-ring at the front. Make sure it's clean and replace the o-ring. Oil it with a good quality paintball gun oil and put it back together in the opposite order of how you took it apart.

If you're still experiencing leaks, more than likely the piston has gone bad and you'll need to call AGD to get a replacement. If when you put it back together the gun won't shoot, keep tightening the velocity adjuster until you hear a click and that will mean the valve has gassed up. Keep tightening it until it sounds like it's shooting properly.

You can get all of your parts and the Automag tech video from here.

Automag Tech Video (http://store.airgun.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&DID=17&Product_ID=25&CATID=6)

Automag Parts Kit (http://store.airgun.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&DID=17&Product_ID=18&CATID=6)