PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Q-Loader

DeuceSV
08-21-2008, 08:12 PM
What does everyone think about the Qloader?

I'm putting together an Emag and I was wondering if the Qloader would be worth the time and money.
I don't like the idea of having to carry around little extra pods (like magazines) but I guess I'd have to do that anyway... only this time I wouldn't be pouring them into the hopper.

to reload you just replace the pods like a magazine.. right?

if I wanted it to be on the right side of my gun would I want to be getting a right sided warpfeed body?

Thanks!

ManInBlack
08-21-2008, 08:21 PM
The Qloader is nice in that it makes the gun smaller and lighter, and with the right attachment pieces you can put it wherever you want on the gun. You can't really shoot while you're changing the pod out, but it can be done quickly. Here's how I have mine set up. It's on the left, but could easily work on the right with the right feed body.

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o234/CrashInBlack/Paintball/DSCF0015.jpg

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o234/CrashInBlack/Paintball/DSCF0023.jpg

DeuceSV
08-21-2008, 08:24 PM
The Qloader is nice in that it makes the gun smaller and lighter, and with the right attachment pieces you can put it wherever you want on the gun. You can't really shoot while you're changing the pod out, but it can be done quickly. Here's how I have mine set up. It's on the left, but could easily work on the right with the right feed body.

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o234/CrashInBlack/Paintball/DSCF0015.jpg

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o234/CrashInBlack/Paintball/DSCF0023.jpg

thats a pretty gun!
do you shoot mainly right or left handed?

I shoot mainly right handed... so at first I thought putting it on the right would make sense... give me room for my body and such...

But I guess with it on the left..... less of me would be hanging out of the bunkers..

I don't know.

why did you choose the left side?

And does this mean i have to get a body from AGD.com with the neck to the left or right? would that be the best way to go depending on what i wanted?

Ravenneon
08-21-2008, 08:52 PM
The idea of having it on the left side with being right handed is so that everything is tucked into ur body...so when ur behind a bunker all you have to do is lean out with the barrel and ur head, while the rest is safe behind the bunker. The whole idea of a warp(i have on my tac-one) or a qloader is to eliminate the huge hopper on the top of ur marker and give a lower profile...less for ur enemy to aim for...a good picture of this is the main page for airgun designs. they're advertising the warp left tac-one and they also give a view of sighting down the marker.....let me tell you...I have a lot of guys come up to me and tell me how frustrating it is tryin to hit me with out a huge target to aim for.

DeuceSV
08-21-2008, 09:07 PM
Awesome. Sounds about right. I look forward to getting one.
Think I'd like to get a ULE left feed body from AGD.com

what about the pods though? I hear they don't fit into a lot of harnesses?
what do you say about that? Just take a pod into my local stores and see what fits?

Ruler_Mark
08-21-2008, 09:23 PM
http://akaog.org/forums/gallery/1_21_08_08_3_05_58.PNG
had 2 post.

ManInBlack
08-21-2008, 10:39 PM
This is why I put it on the left side:
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o234/CrashInBlack/Paintball/DSCF0040-1.jpg

It's taking up no more room than my body does anyway and sits just above my left arm (shooting right-handed). It's very easy to see how much is left in the pod. Really, the effect is similar to a warp setup, only smaller.
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o234/CrashInBlack/Paintball/DSCF0047.jpg

Ravenneon
08-22-2008, 12:25 AM
Well personally I like the warp feed set-up(cause I run it). Now I've seen the qloader and there are a couple things I don't like. One is the magazine concept...now someone correct me if i'm wrong but I do believe the qloader magazines only hold 100 rounds versus a hopper(200) with a warp. Now so long as you're not heavy on the trigger i'm sure this probably isn't to big of a problem. Second, is the way you have to load these"magazines" with more paint(impossible to due while in play). You have a larger hopper with a crank that has a tube that you connect to your empty magazine to. Then you actually turn this crank and in turn it rotates paint back into these magazines. Now to me these magazines are no smaller than a 140 round reload tube that pours into your hopper, so to me it doesn't seem efficient enough. But anyone I've seen that use the qloader, besides the loading of the magazine, actually like it. So I guess that all depends on ur shooting style. If you tend to be heavy on the trigger and do more covering fire and stuff, you might not like the qloader.
Now you also have more mounting options with the qloader. I've seen them on either side of a marker, off the front(looks reallly nice this way), down on the bottom of the frame. The warp you can really only mount it one way, so its got me beat there.

skyless
08-22-2008, 01:33 AM
Had a q-loader on my mag, it was fun but would make a mess if brittle paint was used. When it worked good it was loads of fun and super low profile, but after breaking paint, manytimes and cleaning and trying again, and the same hapening over and over i switched to a vert hopper. Great idea if it would only be soft on paint. best of luck if you get one.

trigger090
08-22-2008, 02:46 AM
to be honest i have tried the qloader many times and I just cant seem to get them to work for me even the new get 2.5 or what ever they are paint always breaks even if its crappy paint and yes i do prefill the hose i just think that they are not worth the time or money if you want sr someting that works try the warp feed it makes less of a profile and its still hopper fed plus the qloader only holds 100 ball a tube instead of 200 or so.

ManInBlack
08-22-2008, 06:55 AM
Second, is the way you have to load these"magazines" with more paint(impossible to due while in play). You have a larger hopper with a crank that has a tube that you connect to your empty magazine to. Then you actually turn this crank and in turn it rotates paint back into these magazines.

Of course, this is only done in between games ;)

Switching from one pod to another in game is quick and easy once you're practiced at it.

A friend of mine uses a qloader on his autococker and can refill a couple pods in just a minute or two. It's not that bad.

Ravenneon
08-22-2008, 10:05 AM
Of course, this is only done in between games ;)

Switching from one pod to another in game is quick and easy once you're practiced at it.

A friend of mine uses a qloader on his autococker and can refill a couple pods in just a minute or two. It's not that bad.

oh i know...not meaning to rag on the qloader or anything...just personal preference leans me to a warp. but i do have to say the give an excellent profile. i was just trying to compare certain aspects.

guseppe16
08-22-2008, 10:15 AM
Just an FYI: Q-Loader is changing management, and most of the player-reps I've talked to said the company is not going in a good direction (ie starting to use inferior quality parts, customer support will slide downhill, etc). Just a thought about possible future issues.

Ruler_Mark
08-22-2008, 10:48 AM
I like the ball count of the warp vs Q

I life the easier reloading of the warp vs the Q(off the field)

I like the mountability of the Q

I like the Always operational non Batt Q

GoatBoy
08-22-2008, 06:32 PM
Just an FYI: Q-Loader is changing management, and most of the player-reps I've talked to said the company is not going in a good direction (ie starting to use inferior quality parts, customer support will slide downhill, etc). Just a thought about possible future issues.

You know, this sort of elicited a laugh out of me.

It's sort of hard to imagine how AIC could actually become worse. It's certainly possible, but also sad at the same time. In my opinion, the "player reps" are part of the problem, so anything that comes from them should be taken with a grain of salt.

ThePixelGuru
08-23-2008, 11:58 PM
The Qloader can be a bit problematic until you get the hang of it, but that's more user error than any fault of the product. Besides, you can't get this profile with any other loader.

http://i28.tinypic.com/14aljkn.jpg