PDA

View Full Version : Who loves Grand theft auto 3, I do I do!!!!!!!

klb311
01-23-2002, 08:25 PM
I just got a PS2 like a week ago and this game is so awesome. Its like the reason that I bought the PS2, anyone else have it?

CRiZO
01-23-2002, 08:27 PM
yea i gots it, my dvd has a massive scratch on it, so now if i tune the radio to Head FM, my game freezes, lol

theraidenproject
01-23-2002, 08:37 PM
THE BEST game i've ever played. heres a tip. go back to the first island, from 1900-2400 hrs, and at the diablo parking lot (el burro's phone) they have the dune buggy that tony was working on during several mission videos. It's great to drive, cuz its pretty fast (not banshee fast, but fast) and when it flips, it always rights itself. enjoy!

PBpunk
01-23-2002, 08:54 PM
oh man that game is sick and twisted. but i love it, i played it for 4 days straight like i never even turned it off. ha

StanBo
01-23-2002, 09:05 PM
It is a great game to come home and relax to. You don't have to do a mission if you want to. You can just drive around and cause trouble.

Shaft
01-23-2002, 09:07 PM
I can't wait for that new game to come out. (Name eludes me) It's on the rockandrollgames website.

SoupRman
01-23-2002, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by CRiZO
yea i gots it, my dvd has a massive scratch on it, so now if i tune the radio to Head FM, my game freezes, lol

get a game dr. from one of your best buy type stores. it sands off the a layer of the cd carefully so the laser will not even read the scratches because they aren't there.

GTA3 is a fun game to mess around with :) too bad i left my ps2 in Austin :(

here's a tip, get a car, like a station wagon, not a taxi or police car, and stop right next to a girl (the ones people pay for if you know what i mean) and let her go in the car. then go in a dark alley and see what happens LOL.

~Backdraft~
01-23-2002, 09:28 PM
GTA3 is the best game I have ever played, also the most improved game i have ever seen...if you compare it to gta2. I just bought the game a few days ago and play it every chance i get. Theraidenproject...thanks for the tip, i'll have to try that. This is a must have game for any ps2 owner i think.

One thing tho that I heard...some people have been saying that they are taking gta3 off the shelves (at least up here in Maine) because of its violence and the state of maine is making it illegal or somehting like that, sounds a bit rediculous to me ...anyone else here about it?

StanBo
01-23-2002, 09:38 PM
My brother has the x-box. He is looking for gta3.

I was on the x-box site today. They seem to have a game roughly like gta3. Activision makes it.

The videos of the game look pretty cool. They seem to have more people on the street and more action happening in the neighborhoods.

Jonno06
01-23-2002, 10:02 PM
Gotham City Racing?????I want GTA3 sooo bad,it is saweet

Snooky
01-23-2002, 10:19 PM
I got GTA 3 i love gunning down the old ladies.

ProjectMag
01-23-2002, 10:20 PM
GTA3 is scheduled to be released for the Xbox sometime this spring (Q2 2002). The game that resembles GTA3 is called Wreckless: The Yakuza Missions. The Yakuza gang is also in GTA3 - looks to be very similar.

The other game from Rockstar is called State of Emergency for PS2 - looks and sounds promising, comes out Feb. 4

The tip about picking up a prostitute. Get a nice car like a Banshee or Cheetah, pull up besider her and honk (sometimes you don't have to honk, she'll just get in). She'll most likely come over and talk and then get in with you, drive to a dark area like an alley or park, and see what unfolds. Let's just say you get a little extra health from it :D

FeelTheRT
01-23-2002, 10:49 PM
isn't GTA getting banned in the US now?

FooTemps
01-23-2002, 11:05 PM
Only banned in certain states and australia... Well, not really banned. More like TAKEN OFF THE SHELVES PERMANENTLY. They won't take your game if you already bought it.

gimp
01-23-2002, 11:05 PM
I heard it was getting banned. I love the game, I have it. I was unaware that you could gegt a buggy. I lvoe picking up the 'women' adn taking thems to the allys. Thean you wax em and get teh money back. I still prefer ssx trikcy though.

InfinatyBPS
01-23-2002, 11:13 PM
PLEASE!!!! PLEASE!!! Someone tell me that this will come out for PC. OMG I want it sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo(this could take a while)oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo BAD!!!!! OMG I realy realy want it, I have all the other GTAs just not 3 my friend has it and he is always playing it.

FooTemps
01-23-2002, 11:29 PM
I don't think rockstar will port it over now that there's a ban in action... It just depends on where you live for the ban. I think it's taken off the shelves in washington state already.

ProjectMag
01-23-2002, 11:42 PM
GTA3 will be ported to the PC and is scheduled to be released April 16. The only downside is that it doesn't look to support multiplayer, which is what made GTA2 worth playing on the PC.

~Backdraft~
01-24-2002, 07:35 PM
It is allready being taken off the shelves in Maine..I think.

J
01-25-2002, 10:02 PM
Yeah I heard it was being pulled off the selves here, but I don't believe it

Jonno06
01-25-2002, 10:08 PM
No they cant take it off the shelves in FLORIDA!!!!!NO!!!!,btw,my friend said you can fly 747's and stuff,and jump your car from island to islnad,is this true???

FooTemps
01-25-2002, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by J
Yeah I heard it was being pulled off the selves here, but I don't believe it

If you don't believe it... Come over to seattle in a month or so and you'll see that it's off the shelves. It's still hanging around in stores right now but I can't remember when they are taking it off the shelves.

Jonno:
You can't fly 747's but you can fly prop planes with clipped wings and you can jump from island to island with the prop plane code.

Jonno06
01-26-2002, 11:22 AM
What is the prop plane????What is the code???and what does this prop plane look like and where is it??

pumpamatic
01-26-2002, 12:33 PM
3 more days, just 3 more days til I *hopefully* get GTA3. I get dizzy just thinking about it. Until then, I'm playing the 2nd best must own game for PS2, Tony Hawk 3. I've beat that game 17 times in about 3 weeks of owning it. I just hope I can play THPS3 online without any hassles. Another sweet game I own is Ace Combat 04, it's really hard, but has great graphics and is very addicting while frustrating. The only complaint I have about it is the explosions are very weak, maybe that's why it's rated E. Anywho, if anyone notices I have all but vanished from these forums in 3 days, you'll know why. If in 3 days I come back and seem incredibly angered, you'll know I didn't get GTA3.

Dubstar112
01-26-2002, 10:47 PM
i love it too.. well since entertainment is going to be illegal.. we should just give up our entire lives to teh law

MagMan5446
01-27-2002, 11:42 AM
Send me money and I'll pick y'all up some copies.....

And FooTemps, who the hell is rockstar and what the hell is he doing porting my games?

BTW, GTA1 and GTA2 sucked on console. Absolutely terrible control and graphics. On PC, great graphics, great control. I assume that it would be the same with GTA3.

In fact, with a PC, you get better control and better graphics on all the games that are made for both....

Ya know, a PC is just a better gaming system.

HoppysMag
01-27-2002, 04:05 PM
I LOVE THE GAME.

klb311
01-27-2002, 05:16 PM
Has anyone else had trouble saving their game after the "evidence dash" mission for the D guy on stanton island? I was saving everything on my 8mb card until I tried to save it after that mission and it froze. I went out and bought a 16MB card, thinking that would solve the problem, but it did the same thing with that one.

FooTemps
01-27-2002, 07:43 PM
Rockstar is the company that designed GTA3!!!