PDA

View Full Version : HPA Fill nipple leak

Temo Vryce
08-24-2008, 12:41 PM
Playing paintball yesterday I noticed that the fill nipple on my Pure Energy 68/3000 was leaking through the nipple. We bled the tank and removed the nipple. The piston inside has a small o-ring to seal. Unfortunately that o-ring has become damaged and is now starting to fold over top of the piston causing the leak. Fortunately I had a spare 47/3000 which I scavenged the fill nipple from, it's a Pure Energy tank as well. I would like to get a replacement nipple for my tank but I'm not sure where I can find them. A quick search on Google for Pure Energy pull up more stores than I knew existed. AO dealers or Pure Energy's web site would be preferred. Thanks guys.

On a side note, kevdupuis tuned up my mag for me last year and yesterday was the first time I've had a chance to use it. It performed so well with the X-Valve, ULT and lvl-X, I was accused of having a full-auto setting. You could say I was as happy as a tornado in trailer park. Thanks again Kevin.

Ninjeff
08-25-2008, 02:03 AM
happened to me. I just got one from actionvillage.

$5, and works great.

Kodiak
08-25-2008, 02:13 AM
Take the old o-ring to a hydraulic shop and see if they can match the o-ring. Call first to be sure they sell o-rings.

questionful
08-25-2008, 09:43 PM
ASP sold centerflag ones, but their site is down right now.

Karta-mag
08-25-2008, 10:57 PM
The O-ring is listed as 006-90 urethane. Mine started leaking at D-Day and the tech at the KEE tent replaced it for free. Here is a link to pure energy's web sitehttp://www.buypmi.com/pure_energy.html .

trevorjk
08-26-2008, 12:33 PM
a good local store SHOULD have them for around $10-$15. otherwise im almost positive there is an oring in the X-valve tune up kit. but that MIGHT be the CP fill nipple. eitherway always worth checking out

GoatBoy
08-26-2008, 10:56 PM
Here's the problem I've experienced with fill nipples: once they start chewing up o-rings, they will continue to chew up o-rings.

Pullinging the nipple off and on the gun repeatedly to replace the o-ring will in turn chew up your regulator threads, which are much harder to replace.

From now on, when I get a fill nipple that does that on me, I get a completely new fill nipple.