PDA

View Full Version : It is hopper time again....

punkncat
08-25-2008, 08:30 AM
I am in need of another fast hopper. I have been using the same Empire Reloader B for the past 3 years and it is starting to give me problems.
With it having been such a good and reliable hopper all these years I am certainly considering getting another. Slap in a delrin drive cone and it works as well as I need.

The other option I have been considering is a V'locity. I hear a lot of mixed review about them, and seems to be a love or hate thing. I like the idea of the unjamming feature. Otherwise I know very little about them except that they are cheaper than the Reloader B. Like do they have a manual feed button, eyes or sound activated, etc.?

I would like the ability to take the hopper apart for cleaning easily. Hybrid shells are just too easily broken though, and I don't know of any option for the V'locity.

Thoughts and comments on these, and other hoppers currently on the market?

Lol, I sure wish my old Revi's would keep up.... :dance:

BigEvil
08-25-2008, 11:55 AM
I have a Vlocity Jr. that I use as my 'second string' loader for if or when I wont use my halo. My only two complaints with it, are that is is a little tall (which 5 mins and a bandsaw to the feed tube would fix) and that it isnt so great on batteries.

What ever you do, avoid the Torque. Big Evil reviews the Torque loader @ BEO (http://www.bigevilonline.com/showthread.php?t=1073)

robnix
08-25-2008, 12:14 PM
I have a Vlocity Jr. that I use as my 'second string' loader for if or when I wont use my halo. My only two complaints with it, are that is is a little tall (which 5 mins and a bandsaw to the feed tube would fix) and that it isnt so great on batteries.

What ever you do, avoid the Torque. Big Evil reviews the Torque loader @ BEO (http://www.bigevilonline.com/showthread.php?t=1073)
The gangstar v2 chip is a huge improvement over the stock chip for the V Jr. Takes care of the battery issue.

TnDeathInc
08-25-2008, 01:08 PM
my hopper list

halo, empire magna, velocity, viewloader old school

behemoth
08-25-2008, 01:16 PM
b2's are cheap.

plain old reloader b's are NIB like 60 bucks.

Hilltop Customs
08-25-2008, 01:39 PM
behemoth where?

I have a plain old halo that I've loved(and beat to death) which I dont think will be replaced any time soon....as long as it keeps running (knock on wood)

I also have a pre-BE revvy, and another revvy that have been to hell and back and keep on ticking.

insixdays777
08-25-2008, 04:50 PM
I am in the same boat with you punk. My Torque is great, I had to mod it...and I have to fix the occational mystery clack noise, I swear my torque is haunted. I am always looking for a better hopper. My halo has died.

Anyone out there have any experience with the Spyder Fasta? All the youtube vids look great! Very fast, simple. No stupid constant running to have to fix. Light...

Anyone got a spyder Fasta?

Sorry to thread jack... :cheers:

going_home
08-25-2008, 04:57 PM
I got an Empire B when the first came out. Still have yet to find anything to outshoot it.
I had a bad expreience with the junk ANS Warrior shells.
But since I got a Powerlyte shell .... no problems.
I still like my Empire B, and if I had to get another it would be the same kind.

;)

kevdupuis
08-25-2008, 06:00 PM
My wifes and my Halo b's are 5 years old, have done everything we've required and are still going strong. I haven't seen anything else out that I would consider as a replacement if we ever need to.

Hexis
08-25-2008, 06:08 PM
Have a Halo B that works well. Also have a Magna Drive that I really like. Both are good options (tho given the choice I would take a Reloader B2 over a Halo, the sound activation works better for me)

Chrishew09
08-25-2008, 07:33 PM
The gangstar v2 chip is a huge improvement over the stock chip for the V Jr. Takes care of the battery issue.
I second that, I like my Vlocity it pretty light and with the ganstar chip battery life has been good, I can't out shot it if I set my Emag below 18bps or so.

txrabbit
08-25-2008, 09:12 PM
i love my halo, been going for 5 years now. only had to replace the motor once, just recently. love my torque too. had no issues. fastas are super nice too, lite and fast as all get out. all 3 beat the crap out of a v'lo any day...