PDA

View Full Version : Warp Problems

Watcher
08-25-2008, 04:21 PM
Ok, so I've had my warp for a few months now and never really had any issues with it. I never played a game with it either, I've just been shooting in my yard from time to time.

All of a sudden, it just stopped working. I had a fresh 9v in it, 2 that I tried, and it won't spin. It won't go by the button or the vibration sensor.

So I said "what the heck?" and I took it apart. While it was clamshelled I hooked the battery up to it and tried to activate it and still nothing, but at very wierd angles of the battery it would engage for a second then quit again.

The first month I had it, the positive wire for the battery came off the board contact and I had to soldner it back on. I did so successfully and it's worked for a while since then so I can't think it was the contacts.

I never used more than one 9v at a time and it's an unmodded warp so I can't think I fried the board or anything.

Could the wires for the battery clip be screwed up? The motor couldn't be burned out because I barely used it. The cotacts are all still good for the motor. Jumpers are all on the stock settings so idk how that could have screwed anything up...

Please help! I don't want to have a "blimp" on top of my marker when I play! :(
I don't want to have to buy a whole new warp either... and I doubt anyone would just be selling the board/motor/battery assembly...

secretweaponevan
08-25-2008, 04:44 PM
Try jumping the battery directly to the motor. If that works, you know the motor is still good. My guess it would be a short between the battery and the board, especially since you said the warp will work at weird angles.

AGD has warp parts including board (2nd page):
http://store.airgundesignsusa.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.catalog&categoryID=19

Tunaman has warp parts too, but I didn't see a board:
http://www.tunamart.com/?c=33

I doubt it is the board though.

Watcher
08-25-2008, 04:49 PM
Try jumping the battery directly to the motor. If that works, you know the motor is still good. My guess it would be a short between the battery and the board, especially since you said the warp will work at weird angles.

Battery to the motor... like just touch the battery to the motor contacts?

edit: yeah, motor works fine...

If it is a problem with the battery to the board, I just need a new battery clip and wires then right? Radioshack have that kind of thing?

Its wierd 'cause it was working fine yesterday and now today it wont.

forstgump
08-25-2008, 05:30 PM
Look to see if all the wires are connected to the board.

black red red white. with the belt side down.

Watcher
08-25-2008, 05:34 PM
Look to see if all the wires are connected to the board.

black red red white. with the belt side down.

all connected... black red red white bottom to top

forstgump
08-25-2008, 05:36 PM
did you open up the 9volt clip to see if those are connected?

Watcher
08-25-2008, 05:57 PM
did you open up the 9volt clip to see if those are connected?

No... just cut it open?

forstgump
08-25-2008, 06:03 PM
yeah, just the back.

Watcher
08-25-2008, 06:14 PM
yeah, just the back.

I'll take a look, though if I give the wires a tug they stay put in the clip... no movement at all.

Watcher
08-26-2008, 06:34 PM
I opened the battery clip and everything is all connected.

What I ended up doing is this:
I found another AGD warp feed for sale for like $75 that had a 12v mod and an intellifeed wire and got it, then I sold a hopper and my broken warp to a friend who knows more about electronics for $75...

Hopefully he can solve the problem, he seems to think it was just the battery clip and wiring harness. If that isn't it, when you minus the cost of the hopper and add $50 for a new board then it still comes out pretty cheap compared to a new warp... So he's happy that he has a project and a warp-feed for his marker, and I'm happy because I'm getting a new warp :shooting:

Thanks for the input everyone, much appreciated but I really am lost in electronics. I'm a mechanical guy...

Thanks again,
Watcher

GRimm
08-30-2008, 06:06 PM
Hopefully i'll get a chance to work on it tonight, i'll let you know how it goes Watcher, maybe we can go shoot some paint together before it gets to cold out.