PDA

View Full Version : Which shoots faster....

MAGslinger
08-25-2008, 06:07 PM
A Stock Autococker or Stock Automag? Technically, you could argue that the Autococker is akin to the Phneumag. Just curious, I ordered a Trilogy Comp. because I'm going to make a video to settle the long pitched argument once and for all.

pito189
08-25-2008, 06:38 PM
I would say a stock cocker. You get a hinge trigger. It is quite a bit easier to pull than a stock mag trigger those things are atrocious.

But as soon as someone gets a stock cocker they are liable to start dicking with it and screw up the timing. :p

cockerpunk
08-25-2008, 07:44 PM
the original automags far outshot the original cockers.

sadly, the stock cocker has been fully updated, and the stock, classic valve CF triggered mag has not seen those upgrades.

i think a classic valve with a good double trigger and ULE body is at least as fast, if not faster than a pro-stock cocker.

punkncat
08-25-2008, 07:57 PM
If both are bone stock it would be hard to say. Without a decent 3 way and trigger stops the cocker can have a really long pull. The single composite frame is pretty bad too.

Total toss up I suppose on who was shooting them.

going_home
08-25-2008, 08:34 PM
Put a ULT in the equation and it will definitely be an RT Pro mag.
You get that ULT tuned and people will think your marker is electronic.
My Phoenix mag is like that now.
I've never seen a mech cocker thats that fast.
They start chuffing and coughing when you bear down on them.

This one thinks its electronic ;)

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/going_home/DSC_0172-1.jpg

:bounce:

ThePixelGuru
08-28-2008, 12:55 PM
Which stock 'mag and which stock 'cocker? Because I'd be willing to bet a stock R/T classic could outshoot pretty much any other stock marker. :p

If you really want an accurate comparison, you'll probably have to compare markers from the same year. And it also depends a lot on the shooter; I'd probably be faster on a 'mag than a 'cocker because I'm used to the 'mag's trigger, but I know guys with mech 'cockers who can outshoot me on my Minimag.

mabb1975
08-28-2008, 01:13 PM
To many variables. Narrow it down allot and I am willing to bet we can help you allot more. Even if you take 90% of the variables out its still a tough question, and thats before you even get into just the pure mechanics of it.

Hexis
08-28-2008, 01:59 PM
I chrono both of mine at the same speed.

Ninjeff
08-28-2008, 04:57 PM
I chrono both of mine at the same speed.

:spit_take

warbeak2099
08-28-2008, 05:22 PM
Stock Automag

What is that??? :D

jade_monkey07
08-28-2008, 05:57 PM
better question which shoots faster, a MAGlet or an AGGlet?

trevorjk
08-28-2008, 06:01 PM
better question which shoots faster, a MAGlet or an AGGlet?

agglet at 13.3 bps :cheers:

Sumthinwicked
08-28-2008, 06:44 PM
ah but ours (MAGS) ALWAYS WORK and a mag can be turned up to shoot faster than any marker i thought LOL i know mags can shoot at least into 600 fps range (gfs goldrush was chronoed at 640) LOL :eek:

MAGslinger
08-28-2008, 10:08 PM
Let's narrow it down to a stock old school autococker and a stock oldschool 68 automag

garbageman705
08-29-2008, 01:09 AM
I think cockers have the potential to shoot faster.

A ULT tuned to bounce will outshoot almost anything. For a 68 mag with an intelliframe versus a mech cocker with a good hinge or slider I think the cocker will win, provided the cocker is timed right, the frame has trigger stops that are set right and the shooter knows how to shoot the thing.
:shooting:

warbeak2099
08-29-2008, 01:27 AM
Let's narrow it down to a stock old school autococker and a stock oldschool 68 automag

Cocker.

Good hinge framed cocker against an RT/X/E-Mag valved mag w/ stock on/off = cocker as well

Good hinge framed cocker against an RT/X/E-Mag valved mag w/ ULT = mag

trevorjk
08-29-2008, 02:03 PM
ive always been able to shoot my stock 68mag (when i had it) faster then my 02 prostock (when i had it)

the automag is slightly snappier which helps me personally shoot faster. where the prostock had a slightly longer pull and i would short stroke on occasion.

to each there own.

georgeyew
08-29-2008, 03:38 PM
i think a classic valve with a good double trigger and ULE body is at least as fast, if not faster than a pro-stock cocker.

What does the ULE body have to do with the shooting speed? :confused:

ThePixelGuru
08-30-2008, 06:41 PM
Still not narrow enough. Which oldschool 'cocker? WGP made a hell of a lot of 'cockers. Also, which stock 'mag? AGD has changed enough things over the years that there's no such thing as one stock Automag.

Regardless, both will shoot as fast as you can pull the trigger. Some people can pull 'cocker triggers faster, others can pull 'mag triggers faster. There really isn't a right answer here.

GoatBoy
09-01-2008, 12:33 AM
Yeah, you still have too many variables to deal with.

For your entertainment, I dredged up an old video plus made a new one today.

I wish AO would let me embed videos into posts.

The first one is an old video from 2004. It's a stock 98/99 autococker, single trigger. I was just testing out the q-loader.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYycfscEAVA

The second video I made today. It's a classic valved mag running off CO2, a 9v VL Rev with intellifeed wiring. That's about as low-tech as it gets.

http://lh3.ggpht.com/goatzilla/SLsxVAhHOQI/AAAAAAAACVg/Cyf8_hjIgXc/s400/IMGP1772.JPG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlu5AS0rEEs

(Note that I *never* shoot this way when I'm playing -- I only do non-fanned bursts of 2-4 shots normally.)

At the fastest speeds I think I get maybe 8 shots or so before I chuff one, which breaks my rhythm and I have to start over.

From my experience, I think I can fan single-trigger auto-cocker faster than a single-trigger Automag. When you go to double triggers, the mag is faster.

Storminnorman
09-01-2008, 12:51 AM
I really have never had a problem shooting either mag or cocker fast. I like my mag better, its all personal preference.

Hilltop Customs
09-01-2008, 01:12 AM
I really have never had a problem shooting either mag or cocker fast. I like my mag better, its all personal preference.

yes

they both shoot faster than you can pull the trigger....well unless the autococker has some bad timing issues :p but a mag will always shoot faster than you can pull the trigger

dstud2000
09-01-2008, 02:02 AM
The only autococking type gun I can shoot as fast as my one of my dble trigger mags is my buddies PPS Blazer, but a Blazer is what an autococker wants to be when it grows up anyways. Had 2 different cockers and a PPS Typhoon.

wetwrks
09-01-2008, 02:42 AM
Circa early 90's mag vs cocker. My friend and I were always able to fire our early 90's mags faster than either of us could fire his early 90's cocker. All were pure stock.

chafnerjr
09-01-2008, 08:26 AM
Alright... I remember when it was cocker vs mag back in the day. I've got to agree with everyone, and disagree at the same time. If we're talking stock then fine, any type of stock cocker or mag from which time frame? Mostly it's going to be very close, and simply personal preference. However, I have one point to make. Once we got to the RT, retro and X-Valve you could keep it stock and ramp up the pressure into the marker for unreal bounce. I still have to qualify that as "stock" because you're not changing anything on or in the gun. It's just higher pressure air! There is simply no way for any mechanical autococker to do this (That I know of)

In any event, being that I play on a pneumag, I get to use the best of both designs!